How much of Trial is Fuctional of TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sportfish, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sportfish

Sportfish Registered Member

Hey All.....
    Could someone tell me A.S.A.P. how much of the Trial version is functional. I created an image of a drive that is soon to die. I copied a full image to an external hard drive and it looks like it completed. But when I tried to transfer it to a new Hard drive, I couldn't. It stated that the function wasn't possible in the trial version. Thats all fine but I'd like to know if the image I created will work once I purchase the full version or will I need to create another one. I need to do this quick as I don't know how long this thing is going to hold out. Thanks Much

Mark

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  2. como

como Registered Member

Make sure you use check image on the image you created

If you purchase TI you should be able to restore it but read threads in this forum re restoring to a new hardrive

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Sportfish

The problem you have is determining whether or not TI can detect your external HD after booting into the Linux based rescue mode (necessary when restoring your system/active partition). Purchase the full version and keep your fingers crossed!! If it doesn't work then seek help from the Acronis support team as per this <Sticky> posted by Acronis.

Further to Como's post regarding restoring to a new HD, have a look at this <thread>.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sportfish,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The image you created by demo-version is absolutely the same as the one you could create with the full version. The difference is that you cannot restore it with demo, only with the full version. All the differences between trial and full versions for each product are described at our site at the page where you download the trial software. For example for Acronis True Image 8.0 the description is given here http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/.

According to your post you can see the image on the external drive when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD. It means that you will be to restore the image with the full version of the program.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.