How many's too many?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by crapbag, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis93

Francis93 Registered Member

Is there an ENGLISH version of DE Cleaner? Last time I downloaded it was German. I removed it because I don't understand German. :D

2. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Yup, it still is german, but I learn how to use it from their sites

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Try it first adding only your browser to internet access restrictions and
    see if you get a Sandboxie message telling you that something that
    wants to run is not allowed. I use Firefox and only Firefox has Internet
    access, nothing else. If you have plugins installed then you might need
    to add them to the list. The only plugin that I use is Flash but flash
    does not need internet access in Youtube to run so I don't allow
    plugin container to have Internet access.
    I restricted start/run only to FF, plugin container and my PDF. Try to allow
    as few items as possible, its safer. Use SBIE the way its supposed to be
    used and eventually you ll forget that you have scanners installed, then
    when you ll realize that SBIE works, you ll get rid of the scanners.

Bo

4. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I've only ever used 2:

HitmanPro and Malwarebytes

Got better things to do,then sit around playing with scanners,there's life to live!:D

5. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

:thumb: :D would probably need to set aside three days a month for scanning mind you.

6. crapbag

I've only got IE and FF on my system at the moment so I've put them in. I use Foxit every now and then so might include that. Using FF now with a couple of add-ons and it seems okay. Ticked the DropMyRights box too. I'm running as an admin so maybe that will beef things up. Know the whole 'running as an admin' thing is a debatable issue here :)

Got Bugbopper, MBAM, Hit Pro and SAS installed right now. Will try that out. The quicker the scan time the better. I like Twister-especially the lifetime license and ability to play about with CPU usage-and will maybe try it again when the new build comes along. Update system is a bit iffy at the minute.

Should probably add that I've tried Prevx too. Superquick but just want to use it on demand and don't think it likes that. Plus there's the whole SafeOnline vs. Sboxie thing. If anyone knows a way to have it sit quietly until provoked that'd be awesome. Don't even want to see it in the taskbar lol. Also reckon it's flagging a bunch of fp's. Some system32 files were tagged and a Deep Freeze file was too. Checked these out and the risk was minimal to harmless. For a noob like me it's very tempting to fill my pants and quarantine them bad boys.

(Also trying my best not to make this into an A vs. B debate. Know that's verboten :) )

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  7. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Just add FF, IE and Foxit with the Drop my rights ticked and you are
    ready to go. Like you say, the quicker the scan, the better. HMP
    and MBAM is enough for me.

Bo

8. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Do not use any program in real-time (no process in real time), using only an excellent software of image (which is by far the most important) and only the Hitman Pro to make daily checks, i.e. don't need anything else for the Hitman Pro has various and multiple scan engines.

I think you with Sandboxie already has an excellent protection, if you know you use correctly (which isn't hard) you won't need anything else besides just the Hitman Pro.

Perhaps it would be interesting to you add PrevX SafeOnline that doesn't weigh anything in the system and protects from keyloggers and have a good protection against pests in real time.

Multiple scanners on-demand are useless!

Sorry if it is repetitive, gave no time for me to read all posts.

9. crapbag

:D I'm learning lol.

And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one here glad to see the day where SafeOnline and SBoxie can live together in harmony.

Thanks Bo!

10. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Ok, but anyway it would be interesting because Prevx detects (and rightly) the malware in real time. And this without regret nothing in the system.

I particularly think it would be wrong to have multiple scanners on-demand if you have a great setup. Furthermore it is like I said, Hitman Pro is not an engine, more various.

Anyway, the choice is yours.

11. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

In my opinion,you can keep as many on demand scanners as you like if you want to help others to clean their infected computers only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.