How many times do you change your setup?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Tyrizian, Jul 15, 2013.

?

How many times do you change your setup?

1. Every Day

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Every now and then, it varies.

31 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. I don't see the point, I'm happy with what I have.

25 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Other...

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I voted for "Every now and then, it varies"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

I don't see the point. Today.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

" Other ": if I notice a new software, application, or tweak that I like.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

"Every now and then, it varies." would fit the best, although it's mostly experimenting outside of main security programs.

5. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Three or four times a year.

6. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Could you be more specific regarding what qualifies as changing your setup? Is installing the latest patch a change? Updating your browser from version 2.1.17 to 2.1.18? Updating lists of adservers or their IP addys? Modifying web content filters? Deleting a temp file or defragmenting is a change.

Not including what I'd consider to be standard maintenance, my regular systems might change a couple times a year, or less

7. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Hasn't changed in a long time.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I voted every now and then,as I presume you are referring to security software.

As for general changes to the system like adding and removing software, every day would be more accurate.

9. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

not a very specific answer. I bet most people will choose this. it would have been better to provide actual amount of times 1x week, 2x week 1x month, 2x month.

10. Tyrizian

Yes, security software only

11. Tyrizian

I meant security software only, sorry I wasn't specific enough, I apologize for that.

12. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Since dropping using antiviruses in Dec 2010, the rest of what I was using at that time has stayed put. There's no reason to change anything, I am happy with what I have.

Bo

13. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Far less often than I used to.
    The most recent addition was last year (Zemana Antilogger).

I occasionally try something out of curiosity and add/delete bookmarks, but the permanent day-to-day software configuration has remained the same for nearly a year.

14. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Satisfied with the setup I have according to what's in my signature.

15. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I can't say "I don't see the point", because I do see it. You should always keep looking at new information and evolve with it. But that said I rarely ever change my setup anymore. The only thing I've changed in like 2 years, since using Sandboxie, is adding VirtualBox after getting a better box whose CPU supported hardware virtualization. Figured I'd take advantage of that, and removed Shadow Defender then. I toyed around with EMET too, but that affair was brief.

With my hardening, Comodo FW/D+, and Sandboxie, and knowing I'm a reboot away from being back to formula even if I do screw up... I don't see much need to change anything. All is very light & functional.

The only possible changes I foresee in the future are when either member LarryPepper in here completes OpenEMET, or a stable version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit comes out. That could be a nice addition to round things out... especially the former. It would be the perfect cherry on top.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Have not changed setup since a couple years ago. :D
    I still have over a year of license for both EAM and OA. I will probably keep using EAM and OA.

17. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Much too often. :eek:

But that's the stuff that learning is made of. :)

18. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Only when something amazing comes out. For example: VoodooShield is the only new application I have introduced to my setup in going on 8 years. I'm not including WSA since I was using Prevx since even before version 1 was available. I used one of the first alpha or betas of Prevx available to the public. I kept the application stored in my archive for a while, and then I deleted it. I wish I had kept it now for historical reasons. I like to find a good product, or a product I believe is going to be good. I always contact the developers to see what I can do to help. This is good for the developers, and myself. It's always nice to be able to help make the products you use better. VoodooShield's developers are great to work with! They really listen to those that help them with testing, and suggesting new ideals. I've been using VS now for a little over a year. It's an amazing Security Application. It's in my top 5 list of the greatest security applications of all time.

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The only software i have changed is my security set ups but my other software i have stuck with for years.

Im going to do my computer a very big favor and stick with what i have now as it runs very well with no issues and i have swapped needlessly for a few weeks now and its time to give it a break.:)

20. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Not that often. Basic hardening is the core.

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Liar!
    Just kidding.
    We need a Windows 8 Hardening thread.

22. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Every now and then, but I think I will stay without Bitdefender from now on. :D

23. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

What I have in my signature has been there for years. Sometimes depending on the circumstances of my job, I activate the the real time guard of Avira Premium, as it speeds up the process of checking third party USB flash drives, but most of the time my AV remains on demand.

24. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Very rarely.

25. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Very very rarely I would say in my case, but I read about new setup changes everyday on a security forum close to you :shifty:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.