How many people actually get infected?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Starrob, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgwells

hgwells Guest

Actually it's Muahahahahahah. ;) :D :D

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    The answer is 42.
    Mrk

3. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Maybe we ALL are infected by some uber-stealthed-holy-father rootkit...:shifty: :D

Regards, C.

4. HIPSmadness

HIPSmadness Guest

... how many people think they are not infected because they use 3 HIPS together?

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes I agree, a lot of people might even not know that they are in fact compromised, and to tell you the truth my PC has been acting a bit funny the last couple of weeks, but so far all of my security tools are telling me I´m clean. :shifty:

6. Define "funny".

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I too when first starting out online with home pc's relied on that false hope that all one needed to be safe from problems was a spysweeper and a widely-popular AV. That was before i went limping one day into what is now the defunct Lavasoft's Ad-Aware Forums. After i got fixed up from that i hung around and eventually involved myself as a helping member then on to hijackthis work on those same forums.

Speaking of IE, even to this very day i have never been forced or as a matter of caution ever turned exclusively to another browser even though i have installed both Opera & FF as alternatives if needed.

Thru a combo of third party add-ons and tightening security settings i've rarely been subject to any serious attacks. I will say however that this past December something made it thru that even AVG7 missed completely and luckily Kerio firewall intercepted an "outgoing connection attempt" and i was able to trace down the loader that been dropped plus a few harmless others that dispersed.

I believe with the introduction of these HIPS programs that users should finally begin to breathe a little sigh of relief and not have to instead expect it's a way of life to get hammered every now and then by something malicious trying to intrude on them.

9. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

A lot of people here amongst the Wilders community

Again lot of people here use multiple anti-malware scanners for reassurance including online scans. Besides if a AV doesn't get it this time it will most likely get it after the next few updates.

Once again the vast majority of Wilders community do, probably the most likely reason they're here.

Ofcourse Wayne knows this but we know what he's thinking about "SALES, SALES, SALES":D

betauser2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.