How many have played the hit game DOOM?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by cheater87, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i did when i was 9. i went over to my uncles house and he had some friends over. he put it on plopped me infront of it and i was hooked since then.

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Four......when I was 9 electricity had yet to be discovered!

Unplugged in Manual City, Zapped ed

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Yeah I play it everyday when I go to work and wonder what our daily a55 chewing is going to be about today. :rolleyes:

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Only played Doom 3 last year ;) In the times Doom was popular I didn't ever touched a computer yet :p

6. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I played the original version of DOOM and DOOM II. I remember when a friend and I had to configure the modem commands to play against each other over the phone. My wife compained all the time when I used to tie up the phone line for hours :) That game was the beginning of online head to head play. There was also a game called Rise Of The Triad that came out shortly after DOOM that was a lot of fun.

7. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Doom is great, play it in the dark at night, when you have had a few drinks! T

8. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Gawd, does that ever bring back memories. The final sequence in that one was a real s.o.b. unless you were pretty well topped up on weapons, abilities, etc.

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

wow - I only played ROT as a demo which contained a few levels because in Laredo we couldn't even find the full version to buy.

10. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I have the limited edition of doom 3 for xbox and to be honest i prefer the older versions ,like ultimate doom and final doom.Whats even more annoying about this limited edition though is that it has the full versions of ultimate doom and doom2 on the disk (as well as doom3) which at first i thought...great....except theyve gone and overdubbed them with really loud crap chessy music.In fact you can hardly hear anything else (monster noises etc) only crap music which i cant find a way of turning off.Whoever came up with that idea should be sacked i reckon.

ellison

11. JPM

JPM Registered Member

We ordered it online or maybe using an 800 number if I remember correctly. But it's been awhile. It was made by Apogee wasn't it? I still remember hearing "Guess what I have?" whenever someone picked up the missle launcher :)

12. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Wow I just looked in the closet in my comp room. I still have the original Doom box with the disks (4 Floppies) and manual etc. The receipt is inside the box dated 5/6/94. I didn't see it but I know Doom II is there someplace. LOL my wife always wants me to clean out that closet but I have some cool stuff in there so I always put it off :D

13. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

pfft! Some of us started with Wolfenstein long before Doom was released.

14. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Oh I played Wolfenstein as well :D I remember it taking over an hour to D/L from a BBS back in the day. I still have the external Supra 2400 baud modem that I used in the closet too. It was only like a 1 meg file maybe a little more. The big guy at the end had two machine guns and said "Gutentag" (sp?) as he opened up on you. Geez I feel old :)

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

We are old! :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.