How many CD's I need to "BACKUP MY HD" using Acronis True Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tru_Snoop, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hey guys;

I am thinking of using "Acronis True Image 8.0" to make backup of my hard drive. I have 80GB of hard drive and only 36GB of free space on it. It is a FAT32 drive. I started making backup, but it was only done 6% and asked me to put 3rd CD in the CD-RW drive. How many CD's it needs?

thanks

2. Zintar

Zintar Guest

From what you're saying it's going to take about 33, assuming the ~2:1 compression ratio holds as you continue to backup.

3. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Is there another way of doing this? I don't want to partition my drive. lol

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Easiest way to do it is to have a 2nd internal hdd and save the images there. Its quick and you can walk away from the machine as its imaging. :D

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tru_Snoop,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please note that you can see the approximate size of the resultant image when you choose the compression type. If you choose to store the image onto CDs it will also count the necessary number of disks. Please be aware that estimated time and image archive size are quite approximate, as different type of data allow different level of compression and require different amount of time to be compressed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.