How make Windows auto connect to internet?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by surfton, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfton

surfton Guest

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I can make Windows (xp) automatically dial up to the internet? I normally would manually connect to the net with Windows DUN, but I would like to make Windows auto connect at times when I cannot be physically present at my computer to manually connect.

If you don't know how to make Windows do this, perhaps someone knows of a safe and preferably free program that can be set to automatically dial up to the internet at specified times, probably the same time each day.

Thank you if anyone can help me out.

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

I think this should work.

Set up your web browser so that that it connects automatically to the internet when you run it (i.e. tick save password and connect automatically on the dialup box and set it to always dial default connection and make sure the home page is an internet site in the browser settings).

Then open Scheduled tasks from the control panel and add a new task to run your web browser at the times you specify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.