How long time do you spend on Wilders each day ?

Discussion in 'polls' started by SweX, Jan 18, 2015.

?

How long time do you spend on Wilders each day ?

1. Less...

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. 10 minutes

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. 20 minutes

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. 30 minutes

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. 40 minutes

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. 50 minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 1 hour

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  8. 1 - 2 hours

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  9. 2 - 3 hours

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. 3 - 4 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. More...

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

First time creating a poll on here so we'll see how it goes.

Personally, I would say that on average I probably spend 1 - 2 hours on Wilders each day.

How long time do you spend here on Wilders each day ?

2. guest

guest Guest

Hi, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. =)

Inconsistent. Could be only for a few minutes to check new threads/posts on page one up to two if I'm busy to about six hours on weekends, especially if there is something that interests me or when I need to search for some information. I don't really go to many places in the internet these days. Quite a few times I don't really have time to visit the site at all, or even going online for that matter.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I mean in total time, so it doesn't matter how many times you login per day.

So even if you stay for 5 min, and then comes back 4 hours later on the same day and stays for 1 hour it's no longer a few minutes. But I know what you're saying, it's hard to be exact which is why I vote my average time.

Though many times even if I plan on staying for 10min....when I check the time it has past 10min long time ago and it's closer to a 30min stay.

"I don't really go to many places in the internet these days."
    Yeah I know, I would like to "see" more of the internet world and expand my views. It's a bit sad that I rarely browse sites that isn't in my bookmarks bar these days, but the reason is that those sites take quite a bit of time to go through as it is. There isn't enough time as simple as that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Interesting poll.

I don't particularly monitor the time I spend on sites. On Wilders, it could be for a few minutes (to post quick replies) or it could be for hours (if I'm following a particular topic/thread of interest).

There are days where I could keep checking the forum every now and then (sometimes without logging in) and there are days where I don't even visit this forum.

5. guest

guest Guest

It was the estimated total time, SweX. When I'm busy I don't even log in, only visit the site as a lurker to see what's new today on page one and two. And after that I'm done with the site and usually not going back again in the same day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Same here. There are days where the new posts/threads don't interest me at all.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah I understand, it happens I do that too.

8. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I check forum regularly but how much time I stay here depends on topics discussed and how much interesting stuff I find to post here.

9. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

It is an interesting question. For myself, I am logged into Wilders along with one or two other forums for a good portion of the day/evening. Although I stay logged in, I am off doing other things aside from the computer or other work on the computer and only checked by to the forums from time to time when there are new messages to specific thread topics that are of interest to me.

10. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I log on if something has caught my attention elsewhere. I am pretty sure that there will be a post on the issue and I will get some safe links to checkout. Time on may only be 10 minutes. Also I am very interested in the polls on security products and security/privacy in general here, so I will drop by just to check them out. I create a poll every now and again myself and I am always interested in the comments and how it is trending. There are also the experiences of others that can be very helpful, so I will spend some time going through threads of that nature. This can be an hour or so. A search will sometimes deliver an older post and I may get lucky and it will help with an issue . This could end up being hours. The contributors who propose a suggestion or recommendation always capture my interest and I will spend time on that thread and checking out my own system to see if it would help me too (more back and forth time) . I come back to threads with lively discussions as long as it does not get ridiculous (funny is OK). If it becomes a race to the bottom, I'm done with it. My family also log in here (with some prodding by me to a particular individual) and I see that they are spending more time on this site as well. I'd say that if they log on to do email they always say, 'just checking Wilders while I'm on', so maybe 20 mins to browse and more if they find something of interest.

11. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Wilders is one of several sites that I check when the day starts. Depending on what I find, how many times I stop by, and what else I have going, I can spend between 30 minutes and several hours. I didn't vote. Can't come up with an answer.

12. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

13. c2d

c2d Registered Member

10-20 minutes.

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I voted for 40 minutes as a rough guess, but it varies from day to day. I always have the wilders page open, and reguarly check for replies to watched threads.

15. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I don't worry...I just take as much time as I like. It is my homepage, and I run 24/7. I don't login, unless I want to check or post something.

17. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

About 10 min.:)

18. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

On average at least 1 to 2 hours a day.

19. SouthPark

SouthPark Registered Member

About an hour every evening. I spend more time here than any other forum.

20. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have Wilders page up all the time when I am home I read for an hour, then go to another forum or do something else on the internet. Return to read the new posts for a while may make a post. Then on to another website and read. I am in and out of Wilders Forum for a total of 3 hours a day or more depending on work or what is happening in my life.

21. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

On average one hour every day

22. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Not a daily visitor, a frequent visitor yes, but some days I skip. I've been on Wilder's today about an hour now.

23. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

On average about one hour maybe a little more. Wilders is a great learning tool. Voted 1 - 2 hours. :thumb:

24. guest

guest Guest

You know... I might be just going to log in everytime I have an opportunity that I can use. It's tiring sometimes to check new posts after I wasn't log in for quite a while. A lot of things caught my interest recently.

25. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I just have a look at developers comments on the products I use....Not really interested in the tech mumbo jumbo that others enjoy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.