How long should redistribute free disk space take?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by spacedmonkeys, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacedmonkeys

spacedmonkeys Registered Member

I connected to a server at work this morning about 10AM and I started Partition Expert 10 the task of creating some free space on a C: partition, from spare space on an E: partition. The server then rebooted, and since then I have been unable to reach the server. I really do not want to drive in to the office to see whats going on but... how long should this take before I can gain remote access to the server again? Its so far been 8 hours. The sever is dual Pentium 3. The disk size was 40GB total, on a SCSI RAID system. Operating system Windows 2000 server. I increased free space on a 2.5GB c: partition to 3.5GB, and took free space from the e: partition which is 35GB+free space. Should it really be taking this long or has the server been trashed?! (sorry I forgot to add, I was using vpn and vnc to connect to the server from home).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spacedmonkeys,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please note that this issue requires some investigation, so I'm afraid that it will not be possible to gather the diagnostic information remotely.

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.