How long does it take to d/l PS?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Q-ball, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

I just ordered port explorer on there site 2 hrs ago.I have yet to recieve an e-mail on my purchase.

I just want a confirmation on my purchase and to be able to d/l what i purchased.

Ive ordered alot of software from from internet and it never takes this long.

Well i was just wondering if this is just how diamond operates.

regards

2. Tuulilapsi

Tuulilapsi Registered Member

It's very early in the morning right now in Australia where DCS is based. They should take less than 48 hours to deliver the key. I got my TDS3 key a few days ago in under 12 hours. :)

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Tuulilapsi is correct. At the time I am posting this it is Saturday morning at 6:45am where the DCS staff lives and works. Being just at the beginning of the weekend, there is the chance you may have to wait a little while to get the license key, unless they are planning on working the weekend.

4. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Well thx for the reply--

This is just the first time ive had to wait--but i see that it is normal for them.

They should really be faster than this.I had already uninstalled the demo.

They are very few programs that i think is worth the money ,but Port Explorer is the exception --awesome little program

Time to retire netstat

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Q-ball,
    Welcome in the forum! You can d/l the full version from the link provided in the registration, with the key and all that, so you know your investment is really well protected.
    Sorry you've to wait till it's been confirmed to you.
    Monday you'll have the latest available version, so worth the wait.
    If your eval still works, you could re-install it for those few days.
    I suppose you got an order confirmation about the bought product? If not that either withing about 24 hours or say on monday early morning depending from the way of payment you chose you could email to sales@diamondcs.com.au and telling about this order and registration name etc and way of payment just to ask if all went well.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Q-ball,

Glad you like it ! :)

Its Saturday night now, so still a day and a half until Monday morning. We would have an automated system sending out keys however this isn't easily possible with the security that is in the licensing system. Very sorry you have to wait I would go make you a key now if I could :)

7. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Thats ok gavin----good things come to those who wait--right??

I want it now--i want it now---ok ive got that out of my system--all is ok now.

lol--i quess it will be monday then.

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Great support, Q-Ball, I don't think you will be disappointed! New minor update immanent! :D

9. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Well i did get an e-mail with my code,but im having big problems trying to register port exployer

Going to bed now because im getting some ill wind messing with this right now.

10. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Q-Ball, just make sure you read the email we send you thoroughly, it contains exactly what you need to do. If you follow that to the tee it should work, if it doesn't then do tell us! :)
    -Jason-

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope all went well now you woke up and tried again?
    Keep us informed if something went different from expected, if you prefer IM.

12. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

i have followed it to the tee

This messege comes up

Unfortunataly for some reason your keyfile could not be extracted correctly

I may have just had a corrupted d/l from my e-mail--but what i have now just wont work

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hmmm what a disappointment!
    If i remember well the keyfile should be placed in the PE directory (save attachment as...) and renamed to the filename in your email. Did you do that too?

When did that message come up? After typing in the unlock code?

14. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Yes after typing the code

15. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No the file we send to people who buy Port Explorer is a ZIP file which contains "port.pkf" . You extract port.pkf to the Port Explorer directory. Q-Ball, could you try using Winzip to extract the file, and could you tell me how large the .ZIP file is.
    -Jason-

16. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

it is 63.9 kb

Now the .exe is 67.2

I have never had a problem trying to install any program ive ever had.I dont understand why this will not work.

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Neither have i seen or heard this from other users. Wondering......... if the file is unzipped in the same directory with PE and typing in the proper unlock code (not the long serial) hmm. Waiting for Jason's advice.

18. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

The only code i have is my password from them

I cant even log into there members area now

Ok im getting PISSED now!!

I just want my money back if i cant get this darn program installed here soon--its not worth the aggravation im going through

19. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Q-ball,
    PEsetup.exe should be 1.1MB on disk
    Looking in my PE directory, Port Explorer.exe should be 311,296
    port.pkf 5,600.

I recommend doing a complete un-install of the trial version before completing the following instructions.
    Also please shutdown your AV /AT and other applications before installing PE

1. Go to the address in your email
    2. At the login screen enter your user name & Password (Serial No) also in your email.
    3 Once logged in look in "user details" & write down the "Unlock code" exactly as it is written or copy and paste to a text file.
    4. Use the "click here" to download the PE installer
    5. Once downloaded install PE
    6. Reboot
    7. copy the port.pkf file into your PE directory
    8. start PE and you should be asked for you unlock code
    9. Enter the Unlock code
    10. You should have a working registered copy of PE

HTH Pilli

20. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Ive already uninstalled any trace of it in my computer

Reinstalled with no luck

They may have already cancelled that keycode if that is possible to send me another--but i havent recieved anything yet.

Because now when i try to run port explorer a messege will come up saying [please enter your unlock code]

so i do and it seems like it takes it

A program should not be the troublesome to install

then i click on PS to run and it ask for the key code again

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Q-Ball,
    i am so sorry to hear all your trouble, i'm really confused!
    You did please keep your registration email i hope? If it got lost somehow please ask a new one with your personal serial code and maybe a new keyfile if necessary to login where it is said and all the rest Pilli described.

Little addition: for #7 make sure you UNZIP the keyfile in that PE directory after installing PE.
    If you get your email for instance in Outlook Express there is that option File > save attachment as.... for which you choose the PE directory.
    You're not using BAT! or such an email client, which is so nice to encrypt emails and attachments and might destroy the keyfile?
    If so, not sure if that could happen with the zipped file too, but it is not impossible. In such a case please email Jason or portexplorer or sales@diamondcs.com.au and they'll give you another way to get your keyfile in.
    I remember once to have heard about a keyfile getting destroyed by Bat! for another program, so this is why i think of it.
    I hope you did not change your membersarea password and forgot it? If so there is an option to bet it back overthere and you can have another try with that.

Keeping fingers crossed again for you!

22. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

I cant even get into the membership area now!!!

23. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry our messages crossed. You mean the unlock code, which is the small one you get in your personal members area. Please copy that for instance in a notepad and copy it exactly in (might be case sensitive).
    Did the d/l go well this time and are the file sizes like Pilli gave you?

24. Q-ball

Q-ball Registered Member

Thanks for all the help here but im going to walk away from this for awhile

My temper is starting to boil,and thats when you start saying things you dont mean.

Ive sent several e-mails to diamond with no return e-mail yet

I do know in the beginning they had a problem trying to send it to my e-mail[i think my e-mail thought what they sent me was spam] so i gave them another e-mail

25. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Q-ball, Did you check the size of the files in your PE directory?
    Also their maybe a timed period before you can log back in to the DCS site if you did not log out properly using log out at the top of the page.

BTW what OS are you using?

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.