How is superantispyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Is that a problem? I guess you are the admin and you can scan from your partition piece, or not? It will do their parts too of course :)

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

SUPERAntiSpyware should scan under a limited account. Did you install for all users when you installed the software?

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantispyware.com

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Hi Nick,

I'm guessing that the splash screen at PC startup only occurs when the resident protection is enabled....correct? And I'm also guessing that for the "free scanner", that the splash screen does not appear at al during PC startup (perhaps just when the program has been activated to perform a manual scan).....correct?

For example, users using the 15 day "trial" will see the splash screen while the trial is current and real-time protection enabled, but once the trial expires....the splash screen will not appear at startup of one's computer.....is that about right?

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The splash screen will show anytime SUPERAntiSpyware is started. The Free Edition does not allow the splash screen to be disabled - we deserve some publicity for offering a free product right? :)

The Professional trial and purchased users may turn off the splash screen at any time via the Preferences.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

5. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Hi Nick thanks for the reply.

OK, so I'm guessing that for the FREE edition, it is similar to the Ad-Aware splash screen that starts only when the program has been activated and enabled to run a manual scan.....and not a splash screen that automatically "loads at PC bootup".....correct?

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The splash screen ONLY shows when SUPERAntiSpyware is started.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

7. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

It is a problem really. I'm gradually getting my kids into the habit of initiating their own spyware scans on a regular basis using spybot and adaware. From all the reports I've read about SAS I was hoping to get my kids to use it as the main on-demand spyware scanner instead of spybot and adaware.

I don't recall there being an option for that, maybe I just didn't notice. I'll try re-installing

8. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I re-installed and selected the option to install for all users. When I logged out of the admin account and logged in to the limited account there was no systray icon. When I went into start > all programs > superantispyware and selected the program it appeared to install/configure but when you try and scan it comes up with the error popup saying "The scanning MUST be done from an account with administrator privileges"

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  9. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

Nick Skrepetos,

Will you be able to answer my previous post in this forum or should I contact your support and paste a link to my post.

Just for more info, I have tried it on three of my home PCs and each do the same when running a limited account following an install by and admin account.

Cheers

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I think the quickest way: SUPERAntiSpyware Support and User Forums

Gerard

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Please submit a support ticket here:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

We can then assist you 1 on 1 and provide the best support to help resolve this issue. I also want to respect the nature of the thread and not provide product support here, but on our site.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

12. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

No problem, will do

13. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

It's a good program. Easy to use and does a good job.
    It caught things Spybot S&D and Ad-aware missed.

14. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

Good to hear that this program is getting good reviews from you guys. I use spysweeper now and I think that the resources it uses is outrageous. I quoted you Devinco because I see you mentioned that it found things that Spybot and Adaware missed. I am having a problem with Adaware freezing all the time and all solutions to make it work fail. Think that I may have found my next program.:D

15. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

If you are using SSV5; this is a known issue and started with V5.

16. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Yes, SS uses a lot of resources, but how is the detection rate between SS and SUPERAntispyware?

17. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

Yeah. SS did a recent update to fix that problem. I can't get a full scan even in Safe mode. It gets annoying. I use to not have any problems until SE.

18. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

With all the hoopla surrounding SAS around here, i decided to give it a whirl.

Looks good and easy to use. It didn't find nothin but neither does any of my other anti spyware apps so that's a good thing. :)

snowbound

19. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

SS 4.5 uses about 25Mb total memory. SS 5.0 (1608 build) was using over 60Mb on my system, but also as soon as I installed 5.0, all of my other processes went out of sight, until things crashed. SAS on the other hand uses a mere 12-15Mb and they actually have customer support both on their website and here on the forum, so you can get almost immediate help if needed. For me it's a great program.

20. gerardwil

How is SuperAntiSpyware?

I noticed that almost no one is writing/reading/asking at the official Support and user forum, why is that?

Gerard

21. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I believe this is because users may feel they get a more "unbaised" opinion in a public forum instead of the vendors (our) forum.

I try and monitor the various security forums as well as our own forums to answer users questions and concerns as quick as possible.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

22. angus49

I think most of the support discussions are going on here. Do a search for SUPERantispyware threads.

23. muf

muf Registered Member

Well i have noticed that not a lot of people have issue's with it. It appears to have very good compatibility, runs light and is easy to use. With this in mind i think it isn't getting many posts because there are not a lot of people having problems with it! Lets face it, most posts are about how something isn't working properly. Happy users means less complaints. Less complaints means less posts. That's my take on it. I use it and have had no problems, no slowdown and like it's ease of use.

muf

24. gerardwil

Good one and agree Muf.
    Just noticed more issues here than there.
    Best regards,

Gerard

25. angus49

I can't necessarily agree that more posts mean more problems. If you take the time to look at a large number of threads for SAS or any other product, you will find they are discussions about improvements or adds that people would like to ask the developers to consider implementing into the programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.