How is it possible to implelemt an On-line File Analyser

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by randydom, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randydom

randydom Registered Member

Hi , sure lot of you know virusscan.jotti.org or virustotal.com

i want to implement an On-Online File Analyzer like these . could any one describe me the HOWTO-Steps . is there any tutorial on this topic .

and is possible to implement and test it on a local Server ?

thank you

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. kwismer

kwismer Registered Member

this may sound mean spirited, and i apologize in advance for that, but please believe me when i say it's not meant that way.

if you have to ask the question you're asking then you are not ready to do what you're asking about, and a single discussion thread here isn't going to make up for the deficit in your knowledge.

there's nothing particular magical or mysterious about how those services work - create a website that accepts file uploads, runs one or more command-line tools on the files that get uploaded, and then parses the log files generated by those tools looking for any interesting output to display to the user. none of this is specific to anti-malware per se, and is in fact entirely a web development project. if you're a programmer of any reasonable capability you should already have some inkling of how to accomplish this, and if you aren't then nothing we say here can make you one.

4. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

Dr.Web Antivirus has online check form (looks very cool on website :D ). It is easy to add this form to your website but it is not similar to Virus Total because uploaded files will be scanned by Dr.Web Antivirus only.

Free Dr.Web services for websites

5. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I know of a guy who made such a script and sells it, see a demo of the script at virusfinder.org and the link in the footer has the details. No idea how good or accurate it is, but you could try it.

I do know if you want to do it properly, you will need a decent dedicated server with a 100MB pipe and you will need to bring something unique to the table with functionality which means a custom code. There's several established scanners, so people won't leave them for a lesser service.

Good luck.

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

virusfinder.org uses just clamav. i think thats not what randydom is looking for.

7. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Ahh ok, as i said i didn't test it. Well the nuts & bolts is there to check against one AV so replicating the check to do multiple AV's won't be hard.

Having the upload, check, output coding done will be significantly easier than starting with a blank notepad. I doubt he will find a turnkey solution, that's why i mentioned custom code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.