How I solved infamous TI 10.0 Home Install Problem.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dhc0329, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhc0329

dhc0329 Registered Member

For days I have been waiting on Acronis to provide me a solution to fix
    the install error (Error E0001006F: Failed to read file "AcronisTrueImage")
    on my WinXP system.

So far I have not heard anything from their support team. They may either have no official soultion or just don't care about their customers. Either way, this is not too good.

Anyway, I found this problem to be system specific. In other word, this could only happen to some systems no matter what you do. Some said deleting the temp files under the local setting would help but not always the case.

I spent days trying to install the program on my DELL laptop but failed. I deleted ust about all my programs but didn't help. I tried on my desktop, too but the same thing happened (can't even extract the intall.msi file).

I think this problem stems from an issue related to extraction of the msi file prior to installation on some machines (don't know why).

I was able to finally find the machine which will extract "AcronisTrueImage.msi" off of the install file (you can right click on
    install to extract) and I simply copied this AcronisTrueImage.msi" to system having a problem. I just ran the "AcronisTrueImage.msi" the installation went successful.

Acronis should come up with an update which will work on every machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.