How Good is ZSoft Uninstaller??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chinook9, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Most of the time when I've done an uninstall with Zsoft Uninstaller I receive a message that some registry items could not be removed and these may be removed after a restart.

Does anyone know if ZSoft is successful upon removing these registry items after the restart? I might try more software on a long-term basis if I could easily uninstall all traces of it.

I do use VMWare environments, but the way I have my VM environments set up it apparently is limited to using only 50% of the CPU and that is a problem with some software such as video encoders.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

When it says that "may be removed after a restart" it is ZSoft restart, not OS restart. You can check such items in "trydelete.dat" file in ZSoft program folder (you can use your text editor to open it). When ZSoft can delete them the items are removed from "trydelete.dat" file; if not they are kept there. Why cann't remove them? 1- items that were added after installation analyzed; 2- some can't be removed due system permission issues. You need see the uninstall log and delete them if advised.

In the beta version (very stable) is created a new log in 'Analyzed Programs' tab, adding "(leftovers)" at program name to try later if wanted. Also you can copy to clipboard the uninstall log (see the screenshot). Beta version can be download here, direct link (unrar the 'beta.rar' file in ZSoft prog. folder). Also an excellent "Post Uninstall" feature was added.

I use ZSoft Uninstaller ever when install above all security app., since it can tracks installations that need reboot. It's always adviced to uninstall with ZSoft after to do the uninstall with the owner'uninstaller program firstly. Their work is simply amazing.

I hope this help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.