How good is Trojan Remover

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Bobohead, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobohead

Bobohead Registered Member

I have it and use it to scan files. It doesn't detect everything, unfortunately. I have something called STRTPAGE.O, according to housecall.trendmicro.com. I cleaned out a few Trojans on the trendmicro site, but cannot clean the Trojan which still remains. I updated Tremover, as well as my McAfee anti-Spyware, Spybot and Ad Aware SE, but none are detecting it, let alone cleaning it. I run in both safe mode and normal mode. I have this site in my default homepage that will not change:
    [I]Removed[/I] (Please don't click on that link!!)

Any ideas? I am new here, so not sure if this post is in the right place. Thanks.

No links to malware of any sort please.-Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Bobohead

Please don't post links to ANY malware sites. I will move this to privacy problems for the time being.

3. Bobohead

Bobohead Registered Member

Sorry, Ron. :)

I am reading a lot on this site, and have a question. In the General Cleaning instructions, it says to not download another AV program if we already have some. I have Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, PC Orion, McAfee Anti-Spyware, and Tremover. Housecall.trendmicro scanned my computer and removed several Trojans. It says that I have STRTPAGE.0 on my computer and cannot remove it. The other programs that I have installed do not detect STRTPAGE.0. So, what am I to do? If I don't download something that works, I'm stuck with the Trojan? Do I remove the Spybot, etc? How will I know that STRTPAGE.O can be removed? I have run all Spybot, etc. in safe mode and normal mode. Thanks for any help.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Bobohead

You could try posting a hijack log at one of the forums that offer that service.

The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

http://a-sap.org/

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If you follow each and every step in General Cleaning (this includes the CWShredder step) then I think you should be able to get your system clean. Failing this, as Ron suggested, as well as mentioned in General Cleaning you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found here and post your log at one of the forums found at A-SAP.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.