How good is Prevx?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by iwod, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Prevx - How does it compare. As far as i can tell it is not really a AH at all. But rather just an addtional Product/layer you can have.

I am quite amaze at its memory usage of only 4Mb. But i always thought they could have saved at least another 500K if they had done a simple Window interface.

Any comment on it. So far all the thead i read has limited input as they are all by namely 4 - 5 person. I would like to see others' comment as well.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

you can find a whole thread regarding prevx here in the at area. it has helped me a lot of times allready, and the buffer overflow actually works, it has registry protection (immediately), it has process protection, dll modification protection,......

it is next to processguard the last layer of protection for me. it is free the beta and is more stable then ever.

3. Infinity

4. TimeKeeper

TimeKeeper Guest

I wonder how Prevx will compare to the new version of SSM.

5. Infinity

these are not really the same tools here.

ssm is more like processguard, not like ssm, I tried ssm. not compareable imho.

like more prevx, as I have processguard in place of ssm. I find ssm has a huge learning curve. not easy, compareable with tiny windows protection imho.

6. TimeKeeper

TimeKeeper Guest

Yes i realize there are some differences between SSM and Prevx, but there are some similarities as well such as reg protection. Though your right about the learning curve with SSM, i'm still learning stuff about it.

But the new version of SSM is going Kernal mode, like ProcessGuard, so it will be nice to finally have something that can compete with PG and SSM it totally free.

7. Infinity

YES THIS IT ABSOLUTELY TRUE, PREFER PG THOUGH;°

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.