How good is NOD at...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by n8chavez, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have always been the kind of person that likes to get the most out of my system while using the least amount of system resources. That being said, I have a coulple of question about NOD32 2.5. How good is NOD at the following areas (rate 1-10):

1. Trojans- I'd prefer not to have to use an active antitrojan if I don't have to.

2. Spyware - Is it safe not to use a real-time monitor if I'm using NOD.

I have Winpatrol Plus that is supposed to alert the user to any trojan/spyware like activity.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'd probably give it an 8-9 here. I run BOClean in parallel. It has been quite some time since BOClean has flagged anything. This is one area where NOD32 has grown substantially in the past 12-18 months.

This is really related to 1, so I'd go 8-9 again. Deal with the trojan downloaders and you deal with the spyware. At least that's how it works out on my machines. I've never had any realtime antispyware processes running. The only thing I've noticed recently is that scanning for spyware wasn't picking up anything as NOD32 trojan downloader protection has improved. I keep them around just in case, but it has been a while since spyware was found on my machine. If you feel more secure with the realtime antispyware process running and you don't perceive any net negatives (system performance/compatibility issues), keep it running as it is now.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.