How effective are Sergiwa products?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by J_L, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Especially these two:
    -http://www.sergiwa.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=1-
    -http://www.sergiwa.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=6-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  2. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

I can't answer that, but EAM blocked those pages.

According to hpHosts this site is classified as FSA - sites engaged in the selling or distribution of bogus or fraudulent applications
    This classification is assigned to site's being used for the distribution of "rogue" security or other such applications, for example: SpyFalcon, SpywareQuake, AdwareAlert etc.

3. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Yeap NOD32 cought it as a variant of a potential unwanted application "Themida"

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It does state this though:

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Unless i see/hear any CONCRETE evidence to the contrary, i feel that iSergiwa is being unfairly treated & misrepresented :(

@ GrammatonCleric

Well NOD32 is both wrong & stupid :thumbd:

Themida is software that compresses code, like UPX does, which he also uses, or used to.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/UPX

I have not heard of ANY rogues etc Ever being associated with iSergiwa either, which would make hpHosts also in error :thumbd: So someone needs to correct them too.

sa.gif

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.sergiwa.com

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

There are enough products from Trusted and Well-Established Security vendors
    so there is No need for using Sergiwa or any unknown-vendor products.

7. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I don't know if it is rogue but I'm sure one of it's product helped me fix my PC a few years ago. :)

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

9. icr

icr Registered Member

It can't be executed on VM though:rolleyes:

10. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Is that really how you look at it? Granted, it is best to look at newcomers with a degree of skepticism, but thats quite an ultimatum IMO. Imagine if nobody would even try Sandboxie or ShadowDefender when they were "new and unknown".

Sul.

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

+ infinity :thumb: :thumb:

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

In general I agree with you but the view that Mr.PC expressed resonates with me in respect of anti-virus programs.

Speaking personally, with a crowded market sector such as anti-virus where there are a large number of established players with proven track records, I would be unlikely to be tempted to try an offer from a new and unknown vendor as there are already a large number of good alternatives from known respected vendors.

With virtualization products like Sandboxie and Shadow Defender, these were highly innovative when they first appeared in a sparsely populated market sector where there is very little competition or choice. These are the kind of products that interest me most, and I was an early adopter of both programs.

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Please, do NOT confuse Innovative products,
    like Sandboxie or Shadow Defender,
    with ambiguous/unreliable AV scanners and Removal Tools.

Sorry, but I canNot put in the same bag well-established products,
    like MBAM, SAS, EAM, avast! etc.,
    with ambiguous/unreliable AV scanners and Removal Tools like
    Zillya! Scanner, Guardiano Assembler, AntivirusMulti etc.

It does Not have to do with "new and unknown", but with "well-respected and reliable".

14. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

What do you say about antivirus vendors like Immunet, Hitman Pro that was developed here at Wilders ;) . To say the truth here at Wilders most members are expert/enthusiastic about new security softwares :cool: . We test beta/stable products and send our opinion for the development of legit products. Most of us know how to judge whether a product is genuine :ninja: . What Mr. PC has said is applicable to common users.:thumb:

15. Sully

Sully Registered Member

But that is the whole point. How can you become well respected and reliable if one follows your advice that
    Whether or not something is in the security sector, or imaging sector or whatever makes no difference really. The same can be said for whether something is new technology or not, or whether it is a new AV.

Your statement is yours, and you have every right to hold that viewpoint - it isn't wrong really. To me it sounds very final, like the AV/Security market is fine the way it is, no need to even try something else that isn't established. I would disagree 100%. I would PREFER that someone new steps in. Maybe a new companies engine is lighter/faster and more reliable.

One thing is for certain, if the established kingdoms in the AV (specifically) market have no pressure to deviate from thier current offerings and trends, what reason do they have to change?

When I think of your quote, I think about Microsoft. Why try ReactOS or other OS's? Isn't that what we all want? Someone to break the monopoly and force the kingdoms to bend to the wishes of the people because they fear we will buy something else?

Isn't it the same with AMD/Intel and ATI/Nvidia? We want AMD to have a really good cpu again because we want them competing - it benefits us in the end.

I don't disagree that there is a lot of really crappy programs. I don't disagree that just because a program says it will "defeat the world" that it may well be garbage. But your statement sort of seems like you are "throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

Sul.

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

17. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

:thumb:

18. pegr

pegr Registered Member

All I'm saying is that when it comes to anti-virus programs, I'm not prepared to be an early adopter - my choice. The issue for me is not whether an anti-virus program is genuine but how effective it is. I prefer to leave anti-virus testing to those magazines and testing organisations with the resources and knowledge to do it properly. If the reviews and test results are favourable, I may then take a look.

19. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Exactly! Common users who need well-established and reputed
    Security products to protect their Systems.

As far as the Wilders' Hobbists,
    who change Security Setups every day,
    they can try as many New-Comers as they want....
    Is there enough Competition even among the Big AV vendors?
    Do you believe that New-Comers, like NoraScan, Zillya, Guardiano, and so on,
    are going to Threaten or Endanger the existence of the Major AV vendors?
    You must be joking...

20. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Do you believe that once you get an established set of "whatever" things are good enough? I certainly don't. Sure, in the case of AV there are scum-ware titles trying to make some not so honest money. But that isn't the point.

The point is very simple. New ideas, especially from new companies, might be as good or better than the established ways. It is this that I want to see, for a constantly advancing industry rather then status quo. And new ideas and new companies is one way things get pushed forward. When you are a huge company like McAfee or Norton, it becomes more about where the profit margins are rather than where the best service is. New upstarts focus on the consumer to build up thier company, only hoping that one day they can focus more on the profit than the product.

Has anyone here ever seen a large AV/Security company swallow up competition? And have the results of that ever been that you have lost a quality product and the option to buy the "new" product that sucks? I can think of one or two products that has happened with.

I don't confuse staying away from crap-ware with staying away from anything new.

Sul.

21. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Sorry, but I cannot trust my Clients' Security
    in the hands of Zoner or ZenOK etc.

22. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Sergiwa :rolleyes:

Bring back some old memories

i used this software in the old days like 4 years ago
    there was a virus that make restrictions in windows XP
    Like you can't see hidden Files ....etc
    Regular Anti viruses didn't Remove the restriction it removed just the Virus
    so this Libyan man made this tool
    there a lot of others tool like this
    i remember there were a Program called meknast al virusat

about those unknown vendor you have every right not to trust them
    because they usually hackers want to prove their abilities
    an instant the COMBOFIX
    From SuBs

i wouldn't use it if BC forum and MBAM forums used the program

23. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

no problem;)

24. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.