How does NOD32 do it?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JayTee, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Trialing NOD32. At least it's faster than KAV which is a processor hog. Takes me 4 hours to scan my 1.7 Ghz PC. So I have KAV disabled real-time, and scan only new files.

Now to my question:
    How do these guys do it? They have won another VB100 award for server 2003 where many others have failed. Probably ESET does work towards making sure that they pass the VB100 award with flying colours. And to tell you the truth, that strategy works. Really tempted to sign up before trialing the rest.

Also tried out EZ AV, which also has a relatively small footprint, but having problems with downloading the signatures. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't work for a few days.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

The thing to realize about the VB100 awards is that failure can be due to either a missed sample or a false positive, among other reasons. Some of the failures of other well thought of AV's are false positive based and aren't a profound issue in my opinion, but they still rate a fail according to the test protocol. See the VB100 test procedures for additional details.

In many respects, all AV vendors should be practicing for the test since that does reflect active threats for the majority of us. Naturally, they should not design only for the test.

Blue

3. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

We were so impressed with NOD32 on so many different levels, we became resellers!

One of the biggest things for us as a company, was the ability to remotely administer and create our own corporate settings files - to password protect settings so that staff can't disable or change the settings, and the ability to run our own update server!

Anything that cuts down on the admin time spent on running our information systems is a big plus - give having these features would have saved us many more dollars than purchasing the licenses - couple that with the reduced cost having thrown out the N-word bloatware and you the reasons are starting to stack up...!

I have one gripe - it's erroring on my development win2k3 server running coldfuson and SQL/Server - but I found a thread here about that, and await a fix shortly.

Overall, I don't think you'll look back after implementing NOD32 over the "competition" - you'll be too busy comisserating those poor souls that still fight their AV solutions I think.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long ;)

5. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Humm.. I can't find where it was right now... but I read somewhere the "comcast" signed with nod32 for another year for a coorporate licence to protect theier email clients?

I use comcast..... I personally never get viruses through my email......

It would be nice if someone had a list of all the big companies that use NOD32... with their permission.. it would be nice to post it on nods website in fact!!

6. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

I'm in the same boat here as webyourbusiness, we found NOD so reliant and resource friendly so we are resellers aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.