How does incremental update work?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by candy123, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candy123

candy123 Guest

I was wondering if I updated nod let's the definition now is 1.1151, and then I offline for quite sometime and three weeks later updating for the second time. During this period the definition has updated for numerous time , let's say 1.1152, 1.1153, 1.1154, 1.1155, 1.1156, 1.1157[the recent one after three weeks].

My question is previous update was 1.1151, and offline three weeks, and then update again now, the most recent definition is 1.1157, so after three weeks offline, and update nod 32 from 1.1151, will nod32 update 1.1152, 1.1153, 1.1154, 1.1155, 1.1156, definition version as well? Do I miss anything if no updating nod32 at daily basis?

Second doubt is, corrupted kaspersky definition will render kaspersky monitor cannot function properly, and also missing part of kaspersky definition will render kaspersky cannot work properly. Will nod32 monitor also detect corrupted definition or missing part of definition file and prompt the user for further action? What I would like to know is everytime updating nod32, will nod32 pre-check the integrity of the recent nod32 database, then will update it to the most recent one even update the missing definition file, if by chance this is happening?

Thanks.

candy

2. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi Candy123,

I can set your mind at rest about the incremental updates. I went away on Feb 20 and my last Nod32 update was 1.1003 (with 5268 defs in database) and when I returned and went online on March 18 Nod32 updated seamlessly to 1.1028 (with 5369 defs in the database).

I'm sure someone else will come along and give you the information you require about whether Nod32 verifies the integrity of the database during update. That's not something I would be able to comment on because I have never had a problem with a Nod32 update. It's been great for me from day one.

Hope this helps.

Elray ;)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If NOD32's database is corrupted, AMON will report an error upon loading during the system startup (it will report "Error loading resident protection").

If you miss some updates, NOD32 will always ensure that you get all of them upon next update.

Regarding the number of virus definitions, the numbers listed above are misleading as these are roughly the numbers of samples we get every day.

4. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Regarding the number of virus definitions, the numbers listed above are misleading as these are roughly the numbers of samples we get every day.[/QUOTE]

Oops - sorry! What I should have quoted was "virus signature database build" not the number of virus definitions. Thank you Marcos for putting that right.

Elcee :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.