How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by steve_83, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve_83

steve_83 Registered Member

I have had an ongoing problem with restricted sites only being partially enabled.

I would rather not check boxes on 4957 red colored urls.

I cannot uninstall this program so that the newest re-installed version does not have the same problem and that is driving me to distraction.

It appears you cannot do a clean uninstall on Vista x64 using the control panel.

I've used revo uninstaller with no luck:
    http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

How in the world can I get rid of this problem (or) the program completely puhlease?
    :mad:

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks forum regulars and moderators.

Steve_83

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Look in Program files for Spywareblaster, in the folder look for unins000. Double click that file to uninstall the program.

3. steve_83

I tried that several months ago ron & while I'm at it....Thanks for the fast reply.

I manually have removed every frapping thing I could find that was spyware blaster related and when I reinstall a new version, same dang deal. (aarrgh !)
    And the same exact number of restricted sites that are not enabled: 4957

I've run revo in the aggressive mode.......same results.
    :(

When I enable all protection at times and come back 12-15 hours later if I haven't rebooted and sometimes they're un-enabled again !

I honestly do not understand this.

Steve_83

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What other security/privacy/maintenance/clean-up software do you have installed?

Specifically, another security application could be incorrectly blocking SpywareBlaster's ability to modify the registry, or a clean-up tool may be incorrectly removing some of the entries.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. steve_83

What other security/privacy/maintenance/clean-up software do you have installed? ----->

The primary defense is Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
    I also use & run daily:
    CCleaner
    Superantispyware
    Malwarebytes

I update Windows Defender but rarely run it.
    I download & run the Microsoft Malicious software removal tool a couple of times a month.

I'm running and use Mozilla's Firefox 3.6.10 almost exclusively if that matters and I think it does.

Specifically, another security application could be incorrectly blocking SpywareBlaster's ability to modify the registry, or a clean-up tool may be incorrectly removing some of the entries.
    Would you kindly elaborate that reply javacool ?

I appreciate the response guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's an after thought:
    In Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy I believe your program auto fills the restricted sites in > Exceptions................correct me if I'm mistaken.

I have never cleared these restricted sites out when I uninstalled the problematic version and then installed a new version.
    Matter of fact I never checked either.

I wonder if that's the problem?

Any opinions?

Steve_83

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  6. steve_83

HELP !!! Puhlease ? How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster ?

Gentle Javacool moderator.............I hate to bump a post, but I'm kinda desperate to get this corrected after messing with it for 2-3 months.

I realize you get what you pay for therefore if I need to feel guilty --> I do.

Can I please get a suggested solution?
    Pretty please?

Now that I'm checking when I close Firefox 3.6.11 (they updated 10/21) those dang 4957 restricted sites will sometimes appear.
    So I have to enable all most of the but not all of the times I start my browser.

Any hints Much Appreciated. :)

Desperate for a solution and if there isn't one, just let me know OK?

Steve_83

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  7. javacool

Apologies for the delay.

Do any of those (or other programs you may run) provide any sort of "application firewall" or "sandboxing" functionality?

The Restricted Sites entries are stored in the registry. Per my above note, if one of the security applications is blocking SpywareBlaster's ability to write to all parts of the registry, that could cause this issue. Additionally, if one of the clean-up tools is incorrectly removing the registry entries, that could also cause this issue.

The entries you are seeing in that part of the Firefox interface are the Cookie Protection entries. :)

----

To help track down the possible cause, please try the following:

1.) Close all other running applications. (You can keep KIS running, but please ensure everything else is closed.)
    2.) Open SpywareBlaster.
    3.) Click "Enable All Protection" in SpywareBlaster.
    4.) After it's finished, close SpywareBlaster.
    5.) Open SpywareBlaster again.
    6.) Please post the protection status.

If the protection went away immediately after Enabling All Protection and restarting SpywareBlaster (without starting any other programs), please try all the steps above again with KIS temporarily disabled (if possible).

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

8. steve_83

Me too. :oops:

Yes.
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 has both.
    I use the Kaspersky firewall but haven't seen the benefit of the sandbox tool so I never use that feature.

When I enable all protection (which I have to do several times per day) --> Spyware Blaster claims I have 0 items have protection disabled.

What caused those dang 4957 items to be disabled is a function of:
    nothing I can find after this occurring for several months.
    They seem to become disabled at random.
    Even when that occurs, let's say I open the restricted sites and check another 7) sites.
    When the protection becomes disabled again it is back to 4957 and not 4950.
    Make sense?

I hope so.

When I do that the program appears like it should.
    The restricted sites can & will become disabled at random.

I suppose I can try revo uninstaller in the aggressive mode with Kaspersky disabled and get a thorough uninstall.

Opinions please?

Fishing for solutions.............
    Thanks again for the replies!
    Steve_83
    :-*

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  9. steve_83

Re: How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster ?....apparently there is no solution

Never mind I guess.

o_O

For the sake of searches in this forum:
    there apparently is no solution.

No matter what I do I can't get email replies of subsequent replies to this topic so I'll check back every week or so.

Steve_83

10. javacool

Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue with the software you mentioned installed.

Do any of those (or other) programs regularly find a few thousands "items" or "registry entries" to delete? (Particularly, registry cleanup tools in any of those programs.)

It really sounds like *something* may be periodically cleaning out the Restricted Sites registry entries.

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. steve_83

Re: How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster ? [UN-resolved]

I surrender.
    And I'm not even French.
    :(

No matter what uninstall method I use I still get those frapping 4957 unprotected items.

Moving on to a better proactive defense program.
    :'(

Steve_83

Mark this help thread...............CLOSED.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  12. steve_83

[Please Re - Open]

This annoying and potentially infection prone problem continues to plague me.
    :'(

I just had another problem to add to the pile, so I would like for some more consideration, please?

On my main desktop I've got a RAID array with Vista Ultimate x64 on one drive, and it is the one I use more frequently.

As I'm trying to migrate into the other drive with Windows 7 Ultimate x64....the same thing is happening!

There are a lot of common programs, but the suspect would have to be my primary browser Firefox 3.6.13.

Would anyone happen to know, given that fact, if this might be the result of some setting, list of exceptions in tools or some add-on?

I can't think of anything else it could be.

The point of Spyware Blaster is to warn us of dangerous sites....right?

Then how could it be anything else?

Any comments or suggestions, once again, are much appreciated.

Thanks for viewing my thread!

Steve_83

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  13. javacool

Hi,

Disabling of Restricted Sites protection is almost certainly not being caused by Firefox. (There is nothing in Firefox to disable that protection, nor should any extensions be doing it for any good reason, ever.)

However, it really does sound like one or more of the programs / tools / add-ons you have in common between both systems is the cause of this issue. I realize it may be a long list, but it would be incredibly helpful if you could please list all of the (a) applications, (b) browser extensions, etc that both systems have installed.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

14. steve_83

[Resolved]: How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster ?

I don't know what occurred but the problem has not happened in over a month.

Therefore:
    Case Resolved for posterity sake.
    Thanks for the response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.