how do you set the boot bios?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by mantra, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

may i ask a question about boot bios

how do you setup it?

i have in the bios fast boot with several child option and normal boot(it takes longer) and next boot after ac power loss (i guess when i unplug my the ac plug)

which is the more safe and trusty ?
    which setting do you have?

thanks

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Fast boot simply skips displaying various splash screens and status displays while booting. I only reboot every few week (typically only when some update requires it) so a few seconds longer boot times don't bother me - and for that reason, I don't use fast boot so I can follow the status of the boot. But that's just me, and I am hardly a "normal user".

Boot after AC power loss should normally be set to disable - or whatever setting keeps the computer off. This setting is typically for "unattended" (remote - locked in a "server room") servers and the like so they can boot up and get back on line after a sudden power outage - such as during a storm.

You DON'T want you computer booting up by itself after a power outage when you are not around because as often happens during a storm, the power can go out again - and sudden power outages are bad for hard drives.

Look in your motherboard or computer manual. They typically have a description of each BIOS Setup Menu option showing what they do, and the default setting. If no manual, you should be able to download one from the motherboard's webpage or the computer maker's download page.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks

you know if you use a bootable dvd or cd or usb my bios change boot option priorieties
    i mean i setup to boot from hd
    if i use a boot cd or usb , after in the bios boot priorieties i found 1) dvd and second hard disko_O o_O

4. Bill_Bright

Sorry, it would seem English is not your native language and I don't have a clue what you are trying to say. If you want to boot from a DVD, the DVD drive needs to be before the hard drive in the boot order - then you must press a key when prompted during boot, otherwise the boot process will move on to the next device.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

well i setup in my bios to boot from hard disk
    1) boot hard disk
    2) second boot disabled

but if i use bootable dvd or cd , or usb sticks
    in the bios i got
    1) boot dvd
    2) boot hard disk

this is odd

6. Bill_Bright

So are you saying the order in the BIOS Setup Menu changes on its own?

How is this DVD drive connected?

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes i'm

sata i guess port 3

is weird ,isn't it?

8. Bill_Bright

I would reset the BIOS, reboot and go directly into the BIOS Menu to set the date and time, and the boot order you want. Then make sure you Save and Exit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.