How do you manage new releases?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

The minor releases of different overall variants like V3 and V4 now.. I don't if the minor variants of releases offer more protection? In an environment such as mine it really is not possible to manage this, and have time to do much of anything else without some kind of automated process *2,000 clients*. I have found myself regretting imaging with a client version in the past because within a month or two a new one is out sometimes sooner..

is it safe to adopt a standard, and stick with it in regards of a version that works.. Right now 4.0.222.0 or 3.0.684 are the only ones that I would consider aside from 2.7 but it is dated on the client protection by now I would assume.

4.0.314 looks very good until it mated with my Novell clients, and I got screamed at by a head guy at a division where people test asking me why we got the skeleton looking robot thing that crashed every 20-30 minutes with BSoDs..

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Can't you just push it out with ERA? I manage less than you, only around 150, but I just create a new package and push it out. As such, all mine are now on 4.0.417.

Jim

3. ethos

ethos Registered Member

If I push them out from ERA they don't carry the settings across properly and I get nothing in the update box even though i've specified our local http mirror... clients are currently on v2.7.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

ok, that's not a problem we've experienced.

We have a single XML config file, we build a package with the config attached, and we push. We've not had any instances where the settings haven't been transferred (either for new installs or for upgrades). I've no experience of 2.7, all ours were v3 or v4, so perhaps that's the issue?

Certainly for us it seems to work well.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.