How do you install TDS-3 under a user account?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Learner, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Learner

Learner Registered Member

How do you install TDS-3 under a user account? Will this cause another TDS-3 folder to be made? Will this produce more than one TDS-3 on the system? I am using Windows XP Professional and have had no luck with the install of the new version under a user account thus far. And suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

I've installed under a limited account a few times, are you having any specific problems ?

If you do have another install under a higher account, we do recommend you install to a new TDS folder, just in case of conflicts. TDS is very much standalone and will run with just the files in its folder, assuming you have the correct runtime files installed. These should already be installed on most machines, and definitely if you have another TDS install on the machine already

3. Faram

Faram Registered Member

Hiyas there I am new to this forum also but I’ll try to answer that question as I understand it.

You don not have to reinstall an application like TDS-3 for every user, once installed it’s open for any user on that computer to run.

But to install any application under Windows XP you need administrative rights. Login as an administrator and install the application then logoff and relogin as your user account.

If the problem is something else please describe it and repost .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.