How Do You Install Software With DefenseWall?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I'm wondering how users of DefenseWall install software they know and trust?

Does it matter if you just right click and 'Disable Protection', or no matter if you trust a program and know it's ok, you should just run it as Trusted?

Well I've tried installing a few programs as trusted and DefenseWall wouldn't let it in regards to installing Java, everytime I tried to run it trusted the java installer would pop open with the title bar saying Defensewall untrusted in it, so I just disabled DefenseWall. Then another time it keep crashing on me, so I just disabled it again.

How do you deal with installations?

THANKS

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I simply use the context menu to run it as trusted, never had the need to also disable DW.

BTW, I also hope a next version will implement some kind of option to give us a visual hint about the actual TRUST/UNTRUSTED status of some given types of files and folders...

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I had a problem installing a program running the installer as trusted. Sorry, I can't tell you what it was. Ever since then I disable for installs exclusively. I ususally also will disable internet during the install. Rather than guess if there will be a problem, I just use disable then re-enable after install completes.

I agree fervently with that suggestion!
    Ruinababe, have you posted this over at Gladiator?

4. ruinebabine

No, but I am about sure that it is already in Ilya's wish list...

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I think you're correct on that: http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=67442&view=findpost&p=198335

Whether having an indication on the icon is the way to accomplish this, I'm not sure. Wouldn't want bloatware to set in. Maybe specifics of how you would like to see it implemented, if different, could be added to that thread. I'll have to mull it over awhile before I would make a suggestion.

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  7. ruinebabine

Yes.

And, there:

• If you have installed an application as Untrusted by mistake and run it one more time as trusted, it may be turned back to Untrusted because temporary folders and files are already marked as untrusted. In this case, you need to temporarily Disable DefenseWall protection via the Tray Icon and install once again. Remember to re-enable protection afterwards!

It could be the explanation of the problems reported in OP, and by crafttk above in post #3.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

THANKS all...

9. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

There is other (simpler) solution for the apps have been installed as untrusted- just select installation folder and choose "DefenseWall HIPS"->"Change status to trusted" with Windows Explorer context menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.