How do you get red warning logo to go away?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Batus, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batus

Batus Registered Member

My backup battery is about dead (have a replacement but haven't installed it yet). When I booted up today everything reset to the default when I bought the pc. When the boot up finished, I reset the time and date, but now the NOD32 v. 4.0 logo is red and Nod tells me I may need to update my virus definitions. I've done so, but the logo in the lower right remains red. At the same time, I'm being informed that my virus definitions are current.

Also MS Windows Security Center is given me a warning that my antivirus may need updating. I assume I'll have the same problem after I replace the battery. How do I convince NOD32 and Windows Security Center that I'm current with my updates?

Thanks for any help.

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Are you sure your date/time settings are correct? (year) Also, did you try a reboot to see if that helps?

3. Batus

Batus Registered Member

It's when I reset to the current date and time that I get the problem. After that NOD32 shows the last update to be "July 15, 2005" (the original default startup date for this pc). So when I reset the time and date this, I guess, shows the last update to be several years ago because the update takes place when I boot up the pc, before I reset the time and date. So I get the red warning telling me NOD needs updating at the same time that NOD is telling me that my virus definitions are "current" (which they are). Rebooting does nothing.

If I don't reset the time and date after I start the pc, I don't have the problem (at least till I put the new battery in).

UPDATE: I replaced the battery and the problem seems to have solved itself, though I don't know why.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.