how do you disable residents?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by helen321, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helen321

helen321 Guest

hello :). im at my friends house and we want to install SP2. we did a scan with adaware and it found 60 critical items. we are now going to do more scans.

we have three residents AVG, Ewido and teatimer. how do we disable them so we can scan with e-scan, stinger, spybot etc?

the reason i ask is because when i right-click AVG in System tray, and pick disable control centre then look in task manager avgserv.exe is there

1, so how can we disable AVG, so it wont get in the way of other scanners?

2, how can we disable Ewido so it wont get in the way of other scanners?

3, how can we disable teatimer so it wont get in the way of other scanners?

P.S. sorry if this post looks odd, im having lots of problems with the board.

eg, if i write *hello LWM howare you?* then put the cursor in between howare, and press spacebar, this is what happens
    how re. instead of a space it deletes

also, when i tried to get into safe mode, by tapping F8 at startup, it didnt work :( .

we checked the HJT log at the automatic HJT analyser, and it says we are clean, however, after running the scans we are going to do, we will get an expert to look at the log

once again, sorry if this post doesnt come out the way it should, im having trouble with the board and cant edit.

2. helen321

helen321 Guest

is there another way to get to safe mode?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. helen321

helen321 Guest

thanks, Ron :)
    its the same pattern everytime i come here. try to install SP2 or clean malware. get help here at Wilders, then its too late to run all the scans.

anyway, thanks for the link, we'll give the msconfig way a go. :)

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks again, Ron. the msconfig way worked :D

so far though only afew tracking cookies have been found, dont get me wrong, we dont want tracking cookies. but, would tracking cookies slow down the system? and maybe make this board not work correctly?

when i left, TDS-3 was running in safe mode, so hopefully it will work problem free in safe mode o_O i heard there could be problems running TDS in safe mode. but, if it starts the full system scan, does that mean there's nothing to worry about?

i forgot to turn off system restore. if its just turned off tomorrow will that be ok? it hasnt been used since adaware found 60 critical items

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.