How do you Delete a .tib Image Archive File?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markolarko, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markolarko

markolarko Registered Member

Groan... I have spent the best part of an hour tryin to work out how one deletes a .tib imasge - created by the Backup Process 'Complete' backup of a partition.

So clever clogs - ow the ... do you delete a .tib

Big hug to thhe first correct answer....

2. dld

dld Registered Member

You delete .tib files like you would any other file. Right-click and choose delete. However if you created your backup archive in a Secure Zone, the only way you can delete the file is by removing the SZ.

3. markolarko

markolarko Registered Member

Please advise.. I have set up a Secure Zone and I have three 'total' copies of my C drive. However the first two tib files are now redundant and I would like to get rid of them. Is there any way I can copy from the SC to say an external HDD / Caddie?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

No just continue adding new images to the secure zone till it is full up. Then your old images will be overwritten by the new ones. That is the way it is supposed to work. If you do not need so many images you could always reduce the space taken by the secure zone.
    I always let the zone fill up because there is a small possibility I might want to go back several days with a restore.

Xpilot

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You have come across the (dis)advantage of the Secure Zone. It provides automatic archive deletion when required but the archives are inaccessible by other means such as management by Windows Explorer.

I don't want auto-deletion and I want to manage my archives so I don't have a Secure Zone.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markolarko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

As previous Forum members said you will not be able to manually delete/move/copy files from Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis True Image 9.0 Home uses automatic scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone. This scheme is described in Chapter 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. Rick59

Rick59 Registered Member

Aleksandr Isakov - You clarified about deletion from the Secure Zone but as other posters suggested can Archives NOT in the Secure Zone correctly be removed by the usual highlighting and Delete (in Explorer or My Computer).

8. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

items not in the secure zone you can right click and delete

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick59,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, these Acronis True Image image archives (*.tib file) are the regular files and it can be copy/deleted/move via Windows Explorer.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Upon deleting image files, one should be aware that the deletion of a full image also renders inoperative all the incremental or differential images created basing on that full image.

The deletion of an incremental image renders inoperative all subsequent incrementals of that set.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  11. Clearline

Clearline Registered Member

I don't use the secure zone, wanting to maintain full control of the files and ability to move them around
    But shouldn't you be able to start a restore, and redirect it to another HD, in effect creating a copy that could then be manipulated? or even use the clone system?

12. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Yes, in fact restoring the image to a spare disk is the often suggested method to obtain the final verification that the whole image/restore process works flawlessly on a particular setup. Many users perform that test with every new build they download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.