How do you compare the protective "power" of the ff:

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Just wondering what's your opinion about the protection below:

Eset NOD32 Home Antivirus + Sandboxie Free + SpyShelter Personal

Versus

Comodo Internet Security Free Edition

2. echuaco

echuaco Registered Member

The first one seems to be a rather good choice of software. Normally, multiple
    security products tend to cause product conflict. Your setup, however, seems to be compatible with one another, so there should not be any problem with your current setup.

With Comodo Internet security, you get a powerful firewall and HIPS program, coupled with a great antivirus program, along with other features such as automatic sandbox browser.

As for which is better, it depends. If you want less hassle, along with having less installed program to manage, go with comodo. If you want good overall protection, I would stick with the first choice, since Eset has better detection rate with less false positive, sandboxie has a better sandbox than comodo and Spyshelter's anti-keylogger capabilities is much more powerful than that of comodo.

Looking at your first setup, you seem to be lacking a firewall and hips program.
    While I used to recommend installing comodo firewall to fix this, comodo firewall tends to have compatibility problems with other security programs, as well as being a pain to update. So I recommend using the built in firewall (assuming you are using windows 7 and above). I would not recommend installing an HIPS program, unless your fond of answering popups for almost every action on the computer.

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

SpyShelter has HIPS and there is also a version with firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.