How do the Copy Hard Disk options work in Hard Disk Manager 15?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by DebLand, Aug 21, 2015.

1. DebLand

DebLand Registered Member

I'm using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite.

I've been selecting HDD raw copy when I copy my data drive because the instructions say it avoids problems with hidden data -- and I don't know what types of hidden data might be on this drive.

Question 1: This copy operation requires a restart and then does the copy outside of Windows. Is this always true of HDD raw copy, whether or not the drive has files used by the operating system? (My operating system is on a different drive.)

Question 2: If the answer to question 1 is yes, I'm wondering whether the raw copy is relevant for a drive that is used only for data and does not contain the operating system or any programs. Would such a drive contain hidden data?

Finally: I do want the copy to be just like the original. Can I accomplish that by leaving all Copy options and Resize options boxes unchecked?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.