How Do I Uninstall Sandboxie 2.60

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by silver0066, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I have tried Add/Remove Programs, the Uninstaller in the Start Menu, and downloaded the installer again and hit the Uninstall button.

It gets to extracting a file from the temp folder called KmdUtil.exe and hangs the whole system.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In your case I would install Sandboxie again and then try to uninstall it again and try to find the leftovers with a registry cleaner and delete all its folders in the folder Program Files.
    Keep in mind that you have to disable Sandboxie completely before uninstalling.

3. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Another tip is to boot into safe mode, then try the unistallation from there.

Alphalutra1

4. silver0066

That did the trick partially. At least the uninstall completed.

After uninstalling and rebooting, I had to delete about 50 sandboxie entries from the registry. Who knows how many more were left over with different names.

THIS IS A VERY POORLY WRITTEN PROGRAM WITH LOTS OF BUGS.

BE AWARE!

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Sandboxie is still in fairly-early-beta status. When messing with betas, EXPECT problems. The best thing is to image your hard drive or use something like FDISR before trying out ANY new software, and especially before trying out a beta.

I don't say this because I am a computer pro, but because of the scars all over my body that happened while I was learning this bit of wisdom.

The problem with learning from experience is -- first you get the final exam, THEN you get the lesson.:blink:

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How did u get this idea?

7. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Never experienced any problems with it, and it's not a poorly written program at all.

8. silver0066

In my opinion, if a software uninstaller does not remove over 50 registry entries, and even then has to be uninstalled in safe mode, then it is poorly written.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

9. TNT

TNT Registered Member

That's not its normal behavior. I've been using it for almost two years, and it never did that. You should understand that not every computer's configuration is the same, and on some configurations problems can occurr.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Silver, TNT is right. Any software can cause problem on some systems/ some time on same system. A poorly written sofware is that which causes problem on many/ most systems.
    BTW, it happened to me once. Then I run the installer again and it unisntalled the previous installation cleanly.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I would run Sandboxie in a test snapshot and if the uninstallation would have caused serious problems, I only need to remove the test snapshot and everything is gone. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.