How do I uninstall current protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by charlee, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlee

charlee Registered Member

I want to Install ESET, but it says to Uninstall current protection. I clicked on Avast in the list of programs on ESET site to uninstall my current protection But didn't understand the directions avast gave.... I have ZoneAlarm running currently But there is a program called DefenderPro that I had that I have stopped but can't uninstall in Add/remove program, it keeps popping back up and is the root of all my problems. NEED Help not that computer literate when it comes to protection. Avast is the program that removes protection you don't want isn't it?

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

Avast is an antivirus program, just like NOD32. Its not wise to use both at the same time. You can download Avast Uninstall Utility here. After you download it, restart your computer and push F8 button before Windows start to load, choose Safe mode from menu and run that utility you downloaded before. Restart and install NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.