How do I set up Proxomitron rule sets?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by george75, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george75

george75 Registered Member

Dear Experts:

I am doing a complete system reinstall. I have the Proxomitron set-up package from the last system configuration and have set it up on C:, but I have forgotten how to set up the rule set merges. I have the following rule sets in Zip format on another partition, say X: Grypen, ClassIDs, GoogleMiscellaneous, YahooMiscellaneous and Site-Specific. It is my intention to set up the strongest rule-set. Can someone explain to me how to do this in a way that I can follow the instructions blindly? The Proxomitron web-site and help are too confusing for an old man.

I need to know where to unpack the rule sets to, and how to use the Proxomitron screen to merge all the rule sets into one.

I seem to have succeeded under my old system configuration, but the merges are a little tricky and I can no longer get it done.

Under my old installation, when I used Proxomitron I also had the problem that with a few web-sites, the rules left the site in unusable format: I couldn't do my work on them. I tried to put in a rule to bypass checks on the particular URL but failed to accomplish the task. Can someone also explain in a manner suitable for a dummy how to enter a URL for bypass? General bypass is a little dangerous since I have a number of windows open and all the sites are left unprotected.

Thanks very much.

George75

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u use the installer for the Grypen filterset, it should automatically install to the default proxomitron directory and set itself as the default set.

for the other rulesets, it doesnt matter where they are located. u can just merge them like this:

3. george75

Thanks San Francisco User!

I did what you said and everything worked fine except for the Class-ID's rule set, which returned two error messages saying that there was a block error. I have no idea what this means.

Could you elaborate on how to merge the Class-ID's rule set?

Also, could you explain in just the same level of detail how to put in a URL for bypass?

Thanks very much.

george75

4. WSFuser

i dont know where u got San Francisco from...but "WSF" is simply the abbreviation for this forum
    you are using teh Class ID filters by sidki correct?

instructions are included in the zip.
    right-click the proxomitron icon (in the systray), go to Add to Blockfile, and then select Bypass. Enter the URL and press OK.

5. george75

Dear WSFuser:

Sorry about the misapprehension of the meaning of your moniker.

Yes, I believe these are Sidki's rules--I got them wherever I got all the other sets. They come in a zip file just like the Google and Yahoo and Miscellaneous rules.

george75

6. george75

Dear Experts:

It appears that WSFuser has abandoned me. I don't know anyone to help me set up the CLASS-IDS rule set with the other rule sets. Anyone out there to help out?

george75

7. WSFuser

ive already told you:

8. george75

Dear WSFuser:

Sorry again, it slipped my eye.

george75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.