How do I reset all PG settings

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Cam05, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cam05

Cam05 Registered Member

I have been using PG for a week now and have finally got the hang of it

I initially permitted alot of applications and accidently left learning mode on for extended periods (just forgot!)

I now would like to reset all my protection and security settings - delete them all and start from scratch again but dont really want to reinstall PG.

How can I do this?

Also is there a more comprehensive list of common programs optimal protect settings than on the DCS site which is kinda limited?

Thanks

2. Cam05

Cam05 Registered Member

Ok i think I just realized .. Hold down shift select all the entries and click remove application? Will this work?

3. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

I believe one can just press the "reset to defaults" on the protection tab and start new.

4. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

under the protection tab, press the 'reset to default' button

under the security tab, select all (shift select) and press 'remove application(s)'

---- note: only follow suggestions in following paragraph if you do not have a 'set and forget' attitude towards PG ----

i always do this after installation of PG anyway (ie. turn on global options, turn off learning mode and then do this) ... BUT you have to be pretty confident in answering the PG prompts (and dealing with blocked global option actions) ;) also ... with the 'reset to default', i suggest you do not add running apps to the list (newer PG's will ask if you want to do this)

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

After a reset I put PG in learing mode then reboot so PG will recognize Windows processes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.