How do I remove partition ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andrew Nuss, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Nuss

Andrew Nuss Registered Member

I can't seem to figure out how to "start fresh" with True Image, without the secure zone. I have an external drive and am saving my backup there. Can I get back my 30 Gb from the Secure Zone partition that I no longer need ?:doubt:

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Use the manage secure zone wizard to remove the zone and allocate the space to whichever partition/s you like.

Anything in the zone will be gone .

Xpilot.

3. Andrew Nuss

Thanks Xpilot... That worked :)

4. Andrew Nuss

Re: How do I remove partition ? Part 2

Hmmmm, Guess not. Somehow I removed ONE of the 2 partitions, but now the Manage Secure Zone Wizard only states it will resize or make a new Secure Zone. I can't find the delete zone page again ( sorry :-( Can you help again please ?

5. Andrew Nuss

Incidently, The Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard shows my Windows XP C: as 111.8 GB and a logical drive ( which I assume is the Secure Zone) as 20.09 GB. That's the size I origially allocated to the Secure Partition. But there seems to be no way to delete this and return it to the C: drive. o_O

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  6. dld

dld Registered Member

If you have a C: drive size 111.8GB and a logical drive size 20.09GB, use Windows Disk Management to delete the 20.09GB logical drive. This will give you an Unallocated Space of size 20.09GB. Now do the following:

- Use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to create a small temporary Secure Zone (SZ) in the unallocated space on your drive.
    - Once the SZ has been created, use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard once more to remove the SZ and opt to assign the space it used to the main partition.
    - Reboot your system and you should now find you have eliminated the unallocated space.

BTW if that 20.09GB logical drive is actually your SZ, then Windows Disk Management should show it as a SZ.
    You can get into Windows Disk Management by Start, right-click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management.

7. Andrew Nuss

Hi dld,

Where DO you guys get all this knowledge ? I am impressed !! I followed your directions, well written may I add, and voila, the lost 20 gigabytes is snugly nestled back in C:/ drive where it is usable again. ( Note to self: Read the posts about Secure Zone being unnecessary if an external drive is used BEFORE creating it next time. :rolleyes: THANKS for the solution !

8. dld

dld Registered Member

Thanks for the come-back. Glad to be of help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.