How do I recreate page file?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LordBuckley, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordBuckley

LordBuckley Registered Member

I have a Dell PC running Win2k Pro. I used TI8 to image my C and D drives, and then burned the image files onto DVDs. I then swapped in an empty drive, partitioned and formatted the same way as the original. I booted onto the recovery CD and successfully restored the image onto the new drive (from the DVDs).

When I boot the system using the new drive, Windows won't let me log on because the page file is missing. This is not unexpected, since TI by design doesn't back up the page file.

How can I recreate the page file on the new drive, since I can't log on?

2. bttr

bttr Registered Member

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Not strictly true. Although TI doesn't backup the data in the page file, it does create a "placeholder" for it as part of the image. This will then be restored as an empty page file along with the rest of your data.

Not sure but it sounds as if you created separate images of your C: and D: partitions and then restored those two individual images to your new HD. If you want to migrate your system to a new HD then you need to create a single image of the whole source drive or, alternatively, use TI's clone function.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.