How do i recover now?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dotted, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dotted

dotted Guest

Uhm how do you do that?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I'm sorry but your question isn't clear. I assume you know how to boot from the True Image rescue CD. Therefore do you mean how do you go about restoring an image from the Secure Zone (SZ) or how do you go about dispensing with the Startup Recovery Manager (SRM)? If the former, can I recommend that you download and read the appropriate <True Image User's Guide>. After that, please feel free to seek any further clarification.

If, on the otherhand, you are familiar with the workings of TI and only require advice on how to dispense with the SRM then proceed as follows:

- Use the bootable rescue CD to restore the (hopefully good) disk image that's residing in the SZ.
    - Boot into Windows and download/run the mbrautowrite file (either the CD ISO version or the self extracting bootable floppy creator) as detailed in the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>. This will reset your MBR to normal, thereby removing the SRM function but keeping your original SZ intact.
    - You can also deactivate the SRM by using the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to remove the SZ (be aware however that removing the SZ will also delete any images that you currently have in it). After that use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard again to create a new SZ but this time make sure you don't choose the default option to also activate the SRM.

Regards

3. dotted

dotted Guest

Restoring image, boot cd freezes
    Activate SRM, boot cd freezes

How the hell, am I gonne recover when the damn thing freezes all the time :(?

4. dotted

dotted Guest

Whoa i solved it.

Somehow the boot CD menu was different than normal suddenly, and i was able to select 'restore'.

Now I am back on track and a happy man.

Thank you all for your time.

Best regards
    dotted

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dotted,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.