HOW DO I PROTECT OTHER USERS?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jrcotts, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrcotts

jrcotts Registered Member

Hi This is a new post. Can anyone help me?
    I've recenly completed a vicious battle with cool web search trojan and than Gaobot worm

I've got every shield that I think I can have on my computer ex:

SpywareBlaster ,SpyGaurd ,ie spyad, Ad-ware 6.0 and Spybot

My question is ...After all this work that I've done to secure my computer..I want to set up another user...Will they be protected by all that I've installed. or will I have to do something complex .

I just don't want to take any chances:)

Thank You

Jrcotts :rolleyes: :-*

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

First: Posting using Caps does NOT make someone respond quicker
    Secondly: Personally i find it quite rude

as for your question, most programs (including spyware blaster) have protection for alot of "Per User" settings, so you will probly have 2 install it on the other user accounts

Please refrain from using extensive caps, as it really doesnt get anyones attention any faster

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I split off some quarreling.

MCT, if the caps annoy you I would appreciate you ignoring the posts.
    Now if you both could try and get along...

Thanks for understanding,

Pieter

4. jrcotts

I meant the whole thread. all the way back to the main page
    o_O :cool: ;)

I have some other questions but i feel like a new post would be appropriate :rolleyes:

Thank you Admin,

Jrcott

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Feel free to make a new thread jrcotts.

Just because this one exists does not mean you need to use it. :D

6. jrcotts

O.K. I just did'nt want my name associated with something as offensive as cap letters

BUT,now that MCT pointed that out ..It is kinda of annoying scolling down thru there and seeing that each time. hopefully it will drift off to the end of the treads. ;)

Thank You again Admin,

Jrcott

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, just so you understand jrcott, MCT isn't alone in his concerns with people using odd text formats, multiple font sizes or all caps. If you continue to vary your text so much like that in serious threads (entertainment threads are a different matter) then less and less people are likely to respond to you seriously.

There is a type of etiquette that exists in online forums and such erratic variations in posts will tend to disturb people, and they may even tell you so. If the variations are disturbing enough to a serious thread, then the forum staff here will edit your posts.

In serious threads, most people prefer standard default font types for communications. It's something for you to think about in any case.

8. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Rather than carry on the off-topic part of this here, I've posted some thoughts, comments, and suggestions of my own in General Topics, here

9. sig

sig Registered Member

I don't know what else is going on in this thread or what might have preceeded it (although I'll observe that as always LowWaterMark's comments are well worth considering in future postings) but in response to the first post and question I see in this thread:

Go to the link I've posted below for advice on preventative measures that may be taken against future spyware infestations. While having programs that address these issues is of course advisable, programs like the excellent SpywareBlaster for example inevitably rely on updates to keep current with new spyware techniques. For a truly proactive defense, one must also look to the user's practices, the browser used and whether its security settings are tight enough to prevent an unauthorized download of unwanted programs when just surfing the web (aka "spyware or malware 'driveby' installations".)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971

In addition, since there are various exploits out in circulation that take advantage of known vulnerabilities in the Internet Explorer browser and MS' Java Vitual Machine, another way to protect oneself is to make sure your system is updated with all critical updates. Using the Windows Update site is an easy way to accomplish this. (Note: Microsoft's Windows Update site requires ActiveX to scan your PC to see what updates are needed. So IE is required to use that site and one can simply put the site in IE's trusted zone so you can use it. I mention this since it's recommended not to have ActiveX fully enabled in IE's Internet Zone as you will note if you read the link I posted above.)

10. jrcotts

Well thank you sig,

I appreciate the input.I will check that site out. and I appreciate how you,sort of,read into my initial question...even though not directly linked you could tell that,that was my main concern as well as interest.

Thank You Again.

Jrcott

P.S. Thank you to all that have replied to this tread
    I hope this is more appropriate. I just like to be a little to creative at times.

" It's nothing more or less, it just is " ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.