How Do I log-out

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by SnowGuy, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

Am showing as logged in..which I am....but not showing as logged in when posting.....but no problem.

So, how/where do I log out at?? I don't see anyplace to do so.

2. Snowguy

Snowguy Guest

The loggin will just have to expire on its own cause I am shutting down.
    Doubt if I'll login very often anyways.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hey Snowguy, aka snowman :)

Maybe the cookie is corrupt, Log out is located at the bottom of the Main Forum page, and at the top on the far right on the bar that user cp is located. or maybe manually delete the cookie ... Then log in again, and see if that helps. :)

I haven't been around long enough to know you ... but I have seen a number of your posts ... I hope this quote doesn't mean you won't be visiting Wilders' ... :'(

I wish you the best in your recovery ... and please know that you have one more member of the Wilders' Family caring about you and one more Friend ;)

Best wishes :)

Steve aka dog - *puppy*

4. snowguy

snowguy Guest

DOG

Thanks for the reply. Was expecting that either someone in administration or a moderator would address the matter but seems not.

No, for some reason the LogOut is not showing on my end. Am not even using a proxy or related. Obviously something is blocking the gif from showing but only the logout gif.
    Hey, no big deal...I don't need to login.....its a very rarer act whenever I do. Usually post as a guest...have for years. Will just continue doing it that way.
    An much thanks for your well wishes.....very appreciated. If you notice I've been around often here lately.....during my recovery.....have time on my hands......so post a bit. For over a year I quit using the internet....it just no longer holds any appeal to me. I can take it or leave it. But for awhile at least I'll be hanging around. As my strenght returns I( have major changes to make in my life an wont have alot of time to spare.........am mentioning this because you asked. As some of the oldies but goodies around here will tell you The Snowman has a way of disappearing every now and then...but not just yet.
    An Dog I've enjoy your postings as well......

SnowGuy

5. Snowperson

Snowperson Guest

After making the last post above I received a message that "you have already used five attempts to log in".................like heck I did!!!!

I have NOT made any attempt to login .

snowperson

6. dog

dog Guest

Hi Snowman, :)

Glad your not disappearing ;) ... I've still got to get to Know The Snowman better :) . Hopefully the love and support of the Wilders' Family, makes recovery more bareable (sp?) ... are thoughts are with you. As for major changes ... too much of even the best thing isn't good ... everything in moderation ... seems to work ... with that it in mind ... I hope we get to enjoy you from a long time to come as you make those changes... hopefully incorporating a little Wilders' time in your new lifestyle ... it's always nice to have a Support Group :) .

Steve - aka - dog - *puppy*

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

In the thread linked below, I explain that seeing your member name at the bottom of the main index page does not necessarily mean that your browser session at that moment is actually logged in. It merely means that at some point in the last 15 minutes you did successfully authenticate your login credentials to the forum software. There is also a detailed explanation regarding the various things that can interfere with staying logged in at using any such web-based forum software.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32132

If you don't see the logout links, then you will see the login links (and login box at the top right of the page) along with a register link, which means you are currently not logged in "at that moment in your browser session".

There is a discussion about how to logout, including images that show the placement of the logout links in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=28440

Not being able to stay logged in (from one click to the next) is generally caused by not allowing, or in some other way filtering or blocking the login credentials, which this and almost all other web forum software generally store in cookies. Without providing those login credentials with each page request made here, the software will not recognize you as logged in.

Since login credentials are stored in cookies, even session based cookies, while your current session lasts, if the wrong username and/or password is stored within those cookies, then with each page click made an attempt is actually made, not to login per se, but to authenticate your session credentials.

The limiting of 5 failed authenication attempts within a 15 minute period is to protect people's accounts from being broken into. It's a very good security feature to keep people's IDs secured.

There are only three admins in active service here presently, and we can't get to every thread in every forum section looking to see if there is a request for board-related assistance in them. For urgent "board relate issues", posts in "General Topics" will get the quickest attention since that is the section we check for such issues. I'll move this thread there after I finish this reply.

8. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

LWM

my friend it was not a big deal from my point of view.....

Of course I value my time as much as the administrators values theirs an therefore would not waste my time nor yours without first going through the steps of checking throughly. If ever there is an urgent board related problem I would e mail Paul....he has always presented himself as a man who communicates without reservation...in case of a board problem private e mail can sometimes be better than public discussion. On less than urgent matters there is this forum.... as I now understand.

But again.....NO BIG DEAL.......after what I've been through in recent weeks this is exceptionally minor......maybe if the sky begain to fall that might get my attention.....not much else would right now.........remember that saying: "count to ten"......well all I need do is count the nearly one hundred steel staples still remaining that is holding me together right now.....has a real calming effect......

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As ever, you are one classy guy, Snowy. Thanks. :) [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.