How do I know when trial period is done ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by CoolFinalFan, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolFinalFan

CoolFinalFan Registered Member

How do I know when the trial period of ewido is done?

Thanks!!

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Re: So how do I...?

When the guard is no more after the trial periode, the scanner will work though.

3. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

And also there will be no automatic updates, you then have to visit the site and download & install them manually ;)

4. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

That doesn't make sense. Even after the trial period, you can manually check for updates using the link in the Ewido update screen and it downloads them without your needing to go to the web site. Manual download from the web site is only necessary when the updater is broken. Have you disabled ewidoctrl.exe from running at start up? That might cause your manual updater to malfunction. It should update after you manually check just like Ad Aware and Spybot and the other freeware programs do - except Ewido is a heck of a lot faster to update and updates daily. BTW- I knew when the trial was over because I got a message that the ewidoguard was deactivated and a prompt to buy the plus version (as best as I recall). I ended up buying a license months later and haven't thought about it since then. It updates so well automatically in the plus version, much more dependably than my other autoupdate programs. If ewidoguard is not enabled and you cannot start it, then your trial period is over. Then only ewidoctrl.exe shows up in your task manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.