How do I know it's working?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Purrcat, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purrcat

Purrcat Registered Member

I've installed SpyBlaster and set it all up enabling it to protect my computer, but to close it I just hit the x in the corner. Is that the way you do it and it still works? No okay button? How can it protect my computer if it's NOT running in the background?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to Wilders!

That's exactly the way you do it. Basically, SpywareBlaster sets kill bits in your registry - that is to say, it makes some settings which disallow installation of certain spyware. There is no application needed continuously running in the background for monitoring.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Purrcat

Welcome to Wilder's

When you hit the X[Close] it tell you it does not have to be running to give you protection. It Does not have to be running for protection.

Not trying to be rude but if you read the help file it states it in there in Getting Starded_Enabling Protection.

Don't forget you are always welcomed here, Come back and have a good look around at one of the best if not the best site [Not forgetting DCS forum] on Security and most other topic.And always ask if you are not sure about anything.

Hope This is of some help
    TheQuest :cool:

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Detox

Sorry crossed post was still typing mine when you was posting.

TheQuest :cool:

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No need to be sorry mate :D

6. Purrcat

Purrcat Registered Member

I did read that helpfile. I had just gotten rid of a huge amount of cr@p on my computer and wanted to be sure it was working properly since there was nothing that popped up saying my computer was protected or anything like that.

Thanks to you both for your help. *puppy* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.