How do I know if this has frozen?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by RichX, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichX

RichX Registered Member

I had an issue with Partition Manager - I have a 1TB drive that has 2 partitions - a 40GB C drive and the rest is my G drive. I tried to extend the 40GB to 50GB, but when the PC rebooted it couldn't find prgiso.dll. I took out the drive physically and put it into an enclosure and on another system I installed the software and copied the file back to my original drive in the System 32 directory.

It booted up into the DOS looking UI and appears to be hanging but I can't tell. The Suboperation Progress bar is white and the REdistribute Partitions bar is almost all green, as is the overall progress bar. But the numbers weren't moving so I hit escape, which seemed to get things moving again, but now it appears to have stopped.

Is ESC supposed to get me out of that window altogether, or is it supposed to just cancel the current operation and move onto the next one? How do I know if this is doing anything, and how long should I have to wait before seeing any change?

2. RichX

RichX Registered Member

Actually, I can see that the numbers are changing every 10 minutes or so - could I have lost data by hitting ESC? Incidentally, the Time to Finish is 17:26:25. Could this be correct?

3. RichX

RichX Registered Member

Just wanted to report that my partitioning went well. The UI of the software can use some help - it doesn't leave the user with much confidence. But in the end, all worked out despite the fact that I thought it was frozen.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

Glad it went well.

I assume the estimated time dropped a lot as it went along.

It's probably better to use the boot disc instead of the "boot time" mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.