How do I get rid of cleverIEhooker.jeired and DSO exploit?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by jeffzeppard, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffzeppard

jeffzeppard Registered Member

Hello. I'm new to the site and ran into some spyware problems recently. I downloaded spybot search and destroy 1.3 and keep getting cleverIEhooker.jeired and DSO exploits. I can't seem to get rid of them. Can anyone help? Thank you!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi jeffzeppard, and welcome to Wilders. :)

Please follow the instructions over here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Then create a folder on your C: drive and unzip HijackThis into it. Do not put HijackThis in the Temp folders or on your Desktop as backups there will be easily lost. Once HijackThis is in it's own folder, double-click the HijackThis.exe file to open the program, then click the "Scan" button. Once the scan is finished, the Scan button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and open it in Notepad, then copy and paste the entire contents of the log here in a reply post.

Please do NOT fix anything in HijackThis until advised by an Expert. Most of what it lists will be harmless and even essential to your computer's operation.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.