How do I get rid of AVGAS?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi

Vista32, AVGAS paid version.

A while ago, I tried the new Vista compatible AVGAS on my pc, but then uninstalled as I could not use it as an on-demand scanner without having the product sitting in memory all day.

Since uninstalling, I still get AVG listed in the security centre, how can I get rid of it please?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1174/664321256_737ed0fc27_o.png

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

3. Biscuit

Thanks for the link Steveke, it seems the same type of issue & interestingly it's AVG again, although a different product. I've also had Prevx2 installed on this pc, yet after uninstallation, there's no longer a reference to Prevx in the security centre. I'm a little concerned about making things worse by rebuilding the database, so I'm inclined to leave it sitting there.

It would be interesting if any other ex-AVG Vista users have this issue?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi Biscuit !

This should solve your Security Center problems (valid for both XP SP2 and Vista , and for all products)

5. Biscuit

Thanks HiTech

The fix appears to be the same as Steveke's link. I didn't really want to do that fix as it could also make things worse. :cool:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why ? It never messed anything when I have "performed" it

7. Biscuit

Someone got borked doing the fix:

(From Steveke's link)

8. steveke

steveke Registered Member

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I just performed the fix the day before yesterday on my XP home. I think my fix is a little different though. I stopped the WMI service, then deleted the repository folder in windows/system32/wbem and then started the wmi service again. After that I rebooted and everything was fine. I have had to do this several times now. I keep the instructions on my computer Lol. I'm honestly thinking about just disabling the Security Center.

Good luck, innerpeace

Edit: I did see the fix is the same one I use. There is also automated script file that others have wrote (Rejzor) that do the same thing. I know there is one at the Comodo site also. I'm not sure if it would help backing up and renaming the repository folder in case you have to restore it. I can find the auto tools if your interested.

edit: here is the link to rejzors thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145412&highlight=rejzor security center

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.