How do I get renewal User and Pass?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Phil587, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil587

Phil587 Registered Member

I purchased my renewal 4 days ago and received my confo email within minutes. I have yet to receive the 2nd email containing my renewal info, i.e. new user name and password.

I started a support case a little more than 24hrs ago and the status still states, "Not Started".

I have been a NOD32 user for at least 8 years and have had similar difficulties with them in the past (last year) but never for this long.

THEY HAVE CHARGED MY CARD -- THEY HAVE MY MONEY -- ANY IDEA ON HOW TO GET WHAT I HAVE PAID FOR??

(This is ridiculous -- NO OTHER company I purchase from online has this problem -- NONE)

2. rbergin

rbergin Registered Member

Call them up - they have a support phone number on the website, etc.

Should be able to clear this up pretty quickly.

Thanks,

Rob

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Assuming you are based in the US, call ESET in San Diego @ 1-866-343-3738, state your issue, surely they will be able to assist.

4. Phil587

Phil587 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, guys.

As I was coming back to check replies, I noticed my tray icon had changed back from orange to green. Puzzled, I checked the NOD32 interface and found my expiration date had been reset to 2010, in effect applying the renewal update. A couple questions come to mind:

Is this correct -- are they now updating via the servers or something? If so, I'm not real sure I like that. Seems they are taking a few extra liberties with the allowed machine access. I *do* remember what they used to do before getting in the AV business.

If so, why did they state I would be getting a 2nd email containing the new user and password as has been the procedure in the past. I little forewarning would have averted some issues. Not very professional.

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Phil587,

When you purchased your renewal did you request a new Username (UN) and Password (PW)? If not, your current UN and PW is kept after renewing and your product will update using that UN and PW. It typically takes 24 to 48 hours for the processing to go through and for your product to then automatically update with the new expiration date.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.