How do I get my license ?? Its been days now

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gladd8tor, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gladd8tor

Gladd8tor Registered Member

Hello ... I purchased this product NOD32 on Saturday , I am told now from where I bought it from that I am suppose to be getting a license within a email from NOD32 , I am curious if anyone might have some suggestion as to how I am able to recieve this license from them ? Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please contact your local distributor you purchased NOD32 from, or drop an email with your invoice/order number to support@eset.com

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Where did you purchase your license from?

Cheers :D

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

As people seem to be alluding to - whoever sold you the license should get it to you.

If you purchased it directly, that's Eset's issue (unlikely) - if you used a reseller, then they normally process the payment, then place your details into the Eset reseller order - a license is then emailed to the client within a matter of a couple of minutes.

The biggest delay for us, is when clients place orders just after we close the office in the evening.

So - contact the company who you gave your order to - they should be able to process your renewal swiftly for you.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

5. Blackspear

There is further information about where the license was purchased here

6. webyourbusiness

Blackspear implies that some resellers will take a while to get your license to you - if you ordered it on Saturday, and the reseller purchases licenses on Friday, you have a week to wait.... you will need to check with the reseller what their practices are ... I already said what ours are - no-one would wait for anywhere approaching that length of time if the license is purchased from our site.... I would hope that the reseller you purchased from has some kind of FAQ and/or information for you on how long you would wait either BEFORE purchase (hopefully) or at the very least on their receipt page.

7. Gladd8tor

Oh okay , Now I got it ... I didn't realize that I had purchased this product from a reseller , If I had of known it was , I wouldn't purchased , I like to buy things directly , Why use a middleperson when you don’t have to ?? Though there something not right about this reseller , What I mean is , Reason as to why I haven’t received my license as of yet is ? He tells me that when he made the order to NOD32 he or co worker mistype my email address incorrectly to them , Which can happen , no one is perfect , Its just the way whenever I sent him a email he would not explain himself to clearly , Or he wouldn’t answer my question because I was a little concern , I felt while surfing on the internet that I wasn’t protected , I was trying to understand as to what this license more or less was used for , Or also I even when to ask as to whether if I was protected with what I have so far , all I get was it in the process , You see he did provide a user name and a password with a link to download the product , So I was thinking what else is there to need and this is were the misunderstanding came from because in the email he say that I will be receiving my license from NOD32 soon , Well maybe I am over reacting because its only been 4 days now without this license , So now thanks to that link to NOD32 that Marcos provided I am going to be giving NOD32 a little reminder as to whether this reseller is or isn’t honest here , I will keep you posted , Thanks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  8. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Registered Member

That would be what you need then.

If you can download NOD32 by entering that user name and password into the box that appears when you click on the download link, then you are licensed to use NOD32. You will be asked to type in that user name and password when you install NOD32 as that is what allows you to access the updates. Well, that's how it worked for me...

9. Gladd8tor

Just after posting this post I finally recieved this license from the reseller ... PlexShaw yes I understand that and this was were the misunderstanding came from , I was thinking the same thing once I have a user name and password , also a link to download the product thats all that is needed , And I couldn't understand what this license was for , If the reseller would of just mention to me that I need not to worry , That what he has already provided was all that is needed to run and operate this Anit-Virus program, That I am also protected to surf the internet, I wouldn't of care less how long it would of took to recieve this license , My main concern was as to whether I was protected or not on the internet ? Thats it ... Now that everything seem to been work out , I feel much safer now , Thanks goes to everyone in your assistance ... Thank You !

10. Blackspear

Glad to see things are all ok.

Just to clarify what has happenned, Gladd8tor was sent a fully functional evaluation license from a Nod32 Reseller or Distributor. This evaluation license is valid until the end of each month, it allows a Reseller or Distributor to have a client up an running immeadiatly with full protection and updates while a license is organised.

11. Gladd8tor

Can you explain this statement ?? Are you say that the first license ( Evaluation one ) that I recieved from the reseller is only valid until the end of the month ?? And afterward within that time I should of recieved a different license ?? Or are you say this exact evaluation license will stay active for the period of one year , which is what I just subscribe for but before it can stay active it has to be organized by NOD32 ?? Thanks

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have received your license, it is good for one year.
    Keep it in a safe place. Your username as provided by Eset is important as it gives them info in case of problems.

13. Gladd8tor

Hi ... Okay here we go again , I did not recieved anything from Eset , What I did recieved was first as you call it a evaluation license from the reseller which has the user name and password and a link to download the product , After 4 days that when by I got another email from the reseller ( Not Eset ) which has the same user name and password , with a little more info about Eset, But this came from the reseller not Eset ... You know all this matter with the reseller to me makes no sense , Why doesn't Eset just sell their own product alone , Why do they need the help of a reseller ?? Thanks

14. webyourbusiness

Then it sounds like the first email contains your username and password, not a temporary - unless they STILL haven't got round to requesting your login/password from Eset - put those into the update section of the NOD32 control panel and see if updates work (leave the server as "Choose Automatically").

The installer should update to AV definitions version 1.10001 (at the moment).

As for why Eset uses resellers... most software companies do - the really successful one sell many, many, MANY more licenses via resellers than directly... if you discount OEM and VLK licensing, M$ sells almost exclusively to end-users via resellers (VARs, online and mail-order). Adobe and Macromedia are the same... the list goes on....

Resellers are people that work to sell your product for a cut of the profit - in return they are supposed to offer some service, or added value - perhaps consulting, perhaps a faster, better, cheaper (dare I say it) - method of purchasing the software... this is a very well established route to market for all products - software being only one of them...

You don't get many people buying their Ford directly from Ford - you buy from a dealer - and they are almost all NOT owned by Ford Motor Company... I know, a little about that subject from my personal experiences!

hth

GHL

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This is the business model Eset prefers to use at this time.

If you have your username and are having problems, send an email to support@nod32.com and see if they can help you sort out your problems.

16. Gladd8tor

Ok thanks Ronjor and you are correct as to its their business in how they conduct it ,I myself find this to not make any sense at all but that's just my opinion and I am not the owner of this product , At the moment I don't have any problems with this product but rather just to many misunderstanding only , I thank you for that link , And if I happen to have any problems later on I will use , Thanks

PS : Webyourbusiness ... Good point and very understandable , Thanks

17. Snooker

Snooker Registered Member

Well I am not sure as to whehter this is all true or not , But when I bought my first Anti-Virus from Peter Norton it came from Peter Norton , Then afterward once I bought Mcafee , It came from Mcafee . When I bought from AVG , It came from AVG .

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Gladd8tor

You are welcome. You will have support here.

19. webyourbusiness

I never said it was the ONLY model used.... I said it was the most often used model - I'd stick by that statement - most software is purchased from some reseller, retailer, wholesaler, and NOT the author/software company that produces it (especially low volume purchases) - but I fully accept that with certain companies, it is not THEIR means to market.

regards

GHL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.