How do I get around Keyloggers?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by XxFightEveryoneX, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxFightEveryoneX

XxFightEveryoneX Registered Member

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place, its my first day on this.

OK, I'm about to download a program, and i think it may have a keylogger, its a good possibility, I was just wondering if I use an on screen keyboard, will that be logged to?

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Especially if you suspect it, you should not install it.
    Once a program executes, it can do just about anything.
    You can limit what the program can do (with HIPS, Outbound Firewall, Limited User Account), but it is better to catch it before it runs. So scan it before.
    I have read in some posts of keyloggers that use screen readers and OCR (optical character recognition).
    There are some threads here on Anti-Keyloggers. Just search for keylogger and anti-keylogger and you will find something.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

There are many trojan keyloggers that don't actually intercept keystrokes at all, but rather read HTTP information when it's submitted, before it's encrypted. No on-screen keyboards or other such measures will work in these cases. If you believe an app contains malware, do not download it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.