How do I: Full Restore from tlb on C: drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scruzphreak, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruzphreak

scruzphreak Registered Member

I have a tlb file that I stored on the root of my C: drive. I have one drive on the machine.

How do I do a full restore of that image?

I tried creating a Secure Zone, but couldn't find a way to move my tlb file into the secure zone.

I'm sure it's easy, but I'm missing something.

-ms

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

You will have to move the .tib file elsewhere, as you already know.
    You cannot copy/delete/rename or do anything to Secure Zone files. Moving your .tib there is not possible.
    You could create a second partition (not an ASZ) and move the image there. Make it just big enough to hold the file. Be sure there is enough space left in your C: partition to hold everything in the image.
    Otherwise, AFAIK, you’re looking at some sort of external media. Unless you want to add an additional internal HD. I have external USB enclosures and HDs for things like this.

3. scruzphreak

scruzphreak Registered Member

That's what I thought.

It seemed strange that they'd let me create a backup that I couldn't use :-(

I'll delete the Secure Storage partition and create a normal partition and put my backups there.

-ms

4. dld

dld Registered Member

You can't move your tib archive to the Secure Zone. You can however create a new tib archive in your Secure Zone. Delete the tib archive you presently have on the root of your C: drive. Now create a new backup and choose to store it in your Secure Zone. It's not the best of the available options. If your drive becomes unusable you've lost your backup.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, you couldn't restore it from there to the C partition, but you've found a way to put it where you can use it, so TI wasn't all that dumb. :)

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

TI allows to store an image of C: partition on itself for the purpouse of copying it later to removable media (e.g. DVD).

There should have been a warning concerning the unsuitability of keeping the image on the same partition imaged.

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

And if you make another image of C before removing the previous image, suddenly the image is twice the size! It's also often a pain to defragment a drive with a huge file on it.

However, it can be very useful when you don't have another location available at the moment.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scruzphreak,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that, as it was already mentioned above, you will note be able to restore the image to the same partition where the image archive located since all the data stored on the restored partition will be replaced by the image data. Please also note that you will note be able to copy/move existing image archive to Acronis Secure Zone.

Please also note that if you storing the image archive to the same partition which you backing up Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will warn you about this and will recommend you to create the image archive to another disk/partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.