How Do I Fix a corrupt MBR

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by hyper_kurt, Jan 8, 2014.

1. hyper_kurt

hyper_kurt Registered Member

Hi All,
    Stupid newbie question here. I have recently purchased the Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite and I am trying to find the feature that will allow me to fix a corrupt MBR (I have a laptop drive that no longer boots). I have looked all through the functionality menu and checked the program's help feature, but do not see anything obvious that would allow me to point to a partition for my drive and say "Fix MBR" or "Repair MBR." Can someone please help me understand what I am missing and what I need to do to make this work right?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Welcome to the HDM Partition Manager forum. I don't have HDM14, still using HDM12.

You might try using Windows to fix a corrupt mbr. Try googling it. One link is here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4836283_repair-mbr-windows.html

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Install like you are installing Windows at bootup from DVD/USB, and then select Repair. In Repair select DOS Console and use the following Commands:

Bootrec.exe /FixMBR
    Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Bootrec.exe /ScanOS
    Bootrec.exe /RebuildBCD

Best regards,

Mohamed

4. hyper_kurt

Thank you all. I will definitely take your advice and use the Windows install disk to fix it.

However, my understanding was that Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite was supposed to also have this capability, and so I would still like to hear from someone at Paragon (or otherwise) on how I can accomplish this just using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

In paragon main window, rt click on DISK (not partition) and select "UPDATE MBR"

What makes you think there is a problem with the mbr ? It is quite unusual for it to get damaged.

6. hyper_kurt

That is perfect! Thank you so much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.