How do I eradicate StartPage.FH trojan?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hd_74al, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hd_74al

hd_74al Registered Member

A little background- I have used all the tools to try to rid the computer of this parasite, but it still comes back. Sound familiar? Well with some more reading I have come across a utility called APM (Advanced Process Manipulation). If you know the dll file that is the culprit you can use the utility to stop the process. The utility lists all the processes that are running on the computer and when you highlite the process it will list the dll that pertain to the process. Obviously not for everyone, but I know dll file that is causing the problem. The trojan is StartPage.FH and uses a imbnf.dll. Unfortunately I can not find the dll in the processes. Has anyone had experience with this utility and can help me rid this trojan using APM?

Thanks

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, APM is at the www.diamondcs.com.au site with a whole explaining page with screenshots etc, does that help?
    I have no XP so can't guide you step by sep unfortunately, but very good you located the culpit already!

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.